Electrical wire protective sleeve

If your concerns are just abrasion, common hydraulic line sheathing or guard would work.
One type is a heavy woven fabric tube, the other is a spiral cut plastic tube and both are available in different sizes.
Locally you might check out an auto parts or a hydraulic hose shop. It's a different approach but for just abrasion damage.....Unknown.jpeg NGB-2T.jpg

If you're looking for the metallic braid ...

I've gone so far as to double-cover cables - first the metallic braid, then cover with the plastic braid that Ulma Doctor cited. The purpose was to make sure that the braid (shield) covering the DRO cables was only grounded at one end, not elsewhere along its length, where the cables were secured to other parts of the machine tool. Worked very well!

Check your local electrical supplier or contractor ask if they have any scrap armoured cable, BX in North America. Strip the wire out and there's your conduit. Its not liquid proof unless you ask for TECK cable it has a pvc jacket

The MIL SPEC system for building wiring harnesses produces the most sanitary and durable results I have ever worked with. Even if this system is not exactly what you are looking for, the guide I've attached is useful for any kind of bundle of wires. Worth a look, may help you pack your wiring and select your sleeving. The good stuff starts about halfway in:

Attachments

• MIL-HDBK-508.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 7
If you want to add a shiny braided metal cover to an existing cable, you can get a used plumbing water supply hose and cut the ends off and remove the stainless braided cover. A washing machine hose is about 4 feet long and the cover will expand to about 1 inch and contract to 3/8. Sink supply lines will work as well but are smaller. You can ground the cover to reduce electrical interference.

Back