Enco 110-2032 switch wiring

I was just about to buy one of these lathes, looks like there was two versions but the lack of parts ( did find a manual on EBAY) and the confusion over models scared me off. They were apparently made by TIDA in Taiwan, this model was also sold by Harbor Freight

I bought this lathe new in1999 or 2000. I used it gunsmithing for five or six years. Temporarily Shut down gunsmithing and sold this lathe. It theoretically stayed in storage un used until a few months back when it was given back to me.
It had considerable electrical problems and would not run. I've spent many hours with much help from the hobby Machinist and even hired a professional to check it out. He could not repair the electrical issues for less than $2000.00. His opinion cost me $500.00.
When I originally used it, I had no problems.
I know you should not look a gift horse in the mouth but this one needed shot. All
of my efforts to find the correct manual were a failure. I also got the eBay book. The only thing to cover this specific model in this manual was the photo on the front .
OK I'm going to convert this lathe to a simple F,R, N switch operation. If this doesn't work I'll probably scrap it out. I wish I had not accepted this lathe as a gift.
Good luck.
Danny

I bought this lathe new in1999 or 2000. I used it gunsmithing for five or six years. Temporarily Shut down gunsmithing and sold this lathe. It theoretically stayed in storage un used until a few months back when it was given back to me.
It had considerable electrical problems and would not run. I've spent many hours with much help from the hobby Machinist and even hired a professional to check it out. He could not repair the electrical issues for less than $2000.00. His opinion cost me $500.00.
When I originally used it, I had no problems.
I know you should not look a gift horse in the mouth but this one needed shot. All
of my efforts to find the correct manual were a failure. I also got the eBay book. The only thing to cover this specific model in this manual was the photo on the front .
OK I'm going to convert this lathe to a simple F,R, N switch operation. If this doesn't work I'll probably scrap it out. I wish I had not accepted this lathe as a gift.
Good luck.
Danny

Thread bump,

Did you get the lathe working? Been Lurking here for a while and,

I bought the same basic lathe a bit over a year ago, except it was the Harbor Freight one and is the shorter 24" bed. Still a Taiwan lathe and was built in 1993 and the gear head and threading change box face are identical to your pictures.

It was being sold by a widower and apparently the same electrical gremlins caused her hub to take it apart and remove ALL of the electrics. I didn't recognize some of the original parts and left them but did get a 3 HP air compressor motor and a 3 HP treadmill motor with it.

I just used a light switch for powering the 230 Volt air compressor motor at first and was able to use the lathe like that till I got a bit of free time and recently finally patched together the 3 HP treadmill DC motor using a a 10k watt SCR driver, a large bridge rectifier and home made RF choke to a converted Microwave transformer into a DC choke, wired an emergency switch and DPDT switch to allow for reverse running and a center off position.

I also added a cheap $15 RPM meter and changed the potentiometer to a pair, 100K ohm coarse and 10K ohm fine adjustment of motor speed.

The original electrics must have been pretty troublesome but the mechanical part of the lathe seems decent, having hardened and ground ways a gap bed allowing a 17 inch swing, lots of imperial threading choices without a gear change and a large 1 9/16 spindle through hole.

It seems to work really well and allows for a low 37 RPM with back gear engaged and a top RPM of about 1500 RPM using the high speed 3rd belt position. I added a BXA 250 wedge CC tool holder as well. Oh and have a 2 axis DRO that has been sitting in boxes I will add when time allows.

Anyway Hoping you got the Enco 110-2032 Up and running.

To buy anything new comparable, looking at at least 5k I would think?

Attachments

• HF lathe 1224.jpg
    HF lathe 1224.jpg
    523 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I have the 12x36 version of the Central Machinery version- TD-1236E. The front panel has a couple of extra switches, but otherwise, the machines look very similar. I've also got the manual, if that would help anyone...

20230902_125850.jpg

Wow I have been looking for a year now and the closest I Got was the Enco model from this thread (manual 1200) which I did buy from Osarktoolmanuals
Thanks for the Offer, yes I would very much like a copy of any kind of the original HF manual.
In my case the wiring would not be needed but the OP of this thread possibly could benefit from the original wiring diagram if he still has the lathe.

ps. Your HF model Looks to be in New condition.

Last edited:
Back