Enco 110-2032 switch wiring

The new relay changed nothing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221208-113948~2.png
    Screenshot_20221208-113948~2.png
    270.3 KB · Views: 4
suggested going to a simple on/off/forward and reverse switch. I had previously thought of this since it's an older gear head lathe with manual controls for speed/feed.

FWIW, that's just how this new-to-me TYCO632 lathe is wired; no contactors or relays, just 220v -> spindle switch -> motor

OK- with power on, check for 24 volts AC from the fuse (either end if fuse is good) to this terminal on the relay socket: (relay removed)
Omroncoil1rcom.jpeg

No problem- I found a couple helpful pictures online
Next test check for 24 volts AC between these two terminals on the socket:
rlyrotviewtest2.jpg

OK I think the problem is with the little bridge rectifier- you can see it in the picture, that little black round thing with 4 wires coming out.
Two wires go directly to the socket and the other two have extension wires crimped on- one of those crimps is loose and making a flaky connection.
I'm pretty sure that's what's going on. The rectifier could be bad but I think a bad connection is more likely.
I would try soldering those crimps. It's a tight area to work in, you'll have to be careful not to melt the wires. If you don't have a soldering iron
you could try re-crimping them with a vise-grip.
Fortunately your transformer is out so you have more room
Don't worry if you damage the bridge rectifier- they are dirt cheap to replace. Be gentle with the relay socket though
For better access you could unhook the two bridge rectifier wires from the socket and pull the device toward you

Last edited:
I'm confused. The photo you attached is not of my control board. Am I misunderstanding?
Attached is my control board before and after transformer replacement.

Attachments

• IMG_20221110_165331532.jpg
    IMG_20221110_165331532.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 6
I found a couple helpful pictures online- another person's machine like yours
You'll have to dig under that rat's nest to reach the rectifier- it's under there somewhere

Last edited:
I have a suggestion: You can eliminate the little Omron relay altogether. You can do without it.
Just pull it out and jump the two #2 wires together like shown: Just put them under the same screw.
Then connecting #3 to #4 or #5 should give forward and reverse, then we can hook up your barrel switch
to those three wires and you'll have yourself a lathe :)
rlyrotview1j.jpg

Last edited:
Back