Enco 110-2032 switch wiring

Not trying to give you a hard time just wanting to make sure we are on the same page
BTW what brand and model of meter do you have? Name brand like Fluke or cheapy?
Reason I'm asking is digital meters sometimes give misleading readings

It does sound like your Omron relay might be bad- how much do they want for a new one?

The meter is an eBay cheapy. Don't remember the name but it had all positive reviews. I'll check it out and let you know. Also I'll order the Omron tomorrow before I leave. I think it's worth trying and I really want to tear the other one apart and review.
Think the price is about $16.
I did find several with the same plug configuration, voltages and part number.

So just to recap: Meter on ohms, you short your meter leads together and your meter reads all zeros (or close to) correct? 000.0?
And when you measure #1 to #3 terminal you get the same result? Basically zero?
Then, if your meter leads are NOT touching you get something like a flashing "OL" or an infinity symbol (different meters give different displays)

But when you test the relay coil (corner pins on one end) you get the same result as meter leads apart correct? Seems to be an open circuit?
Do I have all that correct so far? Did you try different ohms ranges on the meter? I don't know what ranges your meter has.
The relay coil should give a reading of several hundred ohms if it's ok (the Omron data sheet says about 600 ohms but it might vary)
It should not be an open circuit and it should not be a short.
Shoot me a pic of your meter also, I want to see the ranges (or if it's autoranging)
thanks

Last edited:
I'll be back in the shop Monday and the new Omron should be in also. I'll also review the multimeter instructions. I'll send a message after I've retested everything.
Thanks Danny

I haven't forgotten the lathe I'm theoretically about to be in possession of an actual manual soon.
Also this project is causing me to go into psychotherapy. Well I took my dog to a vet and that's pretty close to a psychiatrist.
Thanks Danny

Let me know when you get the new relay and if it solves the problem
If not I can give you some more pointers
-M

After a couple of weeks of searching I cannot find an approximate set of wiring diagrams.
A friend of mine owns a large machine shop and gave me the name of a technician that makes his living fixing control systems. He came out and reviewed my lathe. He said it was incoherent and had been messed with. He suggested going to a simple on/off/forward and reverse switch. I had previously thought of this since it's an older gear head lathe with manual controls for speed/feed.
This will also be a light use machine.
Your thoughts?

What happened with the new relay?
Also, you were going to show me a picture of your meter
That would help me help you better

Last edited:
Back