Enco 111-2079 no start

Thanks, that's important info- OK it may be a bad contactor after all- AND the apron switch may also be bad. Don't disconnect anything yet.
Let's first see what type of apron switch you have, then I'll have you do a couple meter tests later.
I was mistaken, the early round style of apron switch is available, about 30$ on Ebay. Contactors are cheap
Let me know how urgent this job is- I know you have other machines to check out
-M

Last edited:
Here are videos of the contactors while pushing the buttons and lifting the handle.
KM1 only stays engaged with the Power Start held down. Inching button works if holding Power Start down at the same time. Holding Power Start and lifting or dropping the apron handle lever disengages KM1 contactor, but it will re-engage when lever is put back to middle (all while holding down Power Start). Head only turns when holding Power Start and the Inching buttons at the same time, no other combo has worked.

Attachments

• PXL_20240209_172918253.TS~2.mp4
    26.2 MB
  • PXL_20240209_172918253.TS~3.mp4
    23.9 MB
  • PXL_20240209_172918253.TS~4.mp4
    47.8 MB
the apron switch may also be bad. Don't disconnect anything yet.
Let's first see what type of apron switch you have, then I'll have you do a couple meter tests later.
I haven't taken the cover off or disconnected anything yet. Shall I wait on removing the cover over the apron switch?

Yeah, wait on that. I want to have you move a wire first as a test. Give me a sec and I'll show you

OK, on KM1 there are red wires on terminals 13 and 14- disconnect one and join it with the other under the same screw. Doesn't matter which terminal.
Power up the machine again and see if the apron switch works. This will test the apron switch and prove that KM1 latching contact is bad.
Gotta run but I'll be back
Be safe

Last edited:
Connected both red wires from terminals 13 & 14 on KM1 under terminal 14. Still get same response, nothing with the apron lever.

OK, it's definitely the KM1 latching circuit- I'll give you a couple points to test within the hour

Having some trouble loading pages- excuse the delay
OK set your meter to measure 30 volts AC (50 volt range or so) unless it's autoranging- ask me if you're not sure
On the bottom row of the transformer put one probe on 0 (left side) and the other one on the 29v tap just to get a baseline reading
Should be somewhere between 25 and 30 volts AC
Then with the one probe still on 0 terminal put the other probe on KM1 the 2 red wires on terminal 14, see if there's voltage there
Might put some masking tape on the upper transformer terminals for safety
Signing off for tonite- pick it up tomorrow

Last edited:
We might need to do a few tests with one meter probe on the transformer 0 terminal so you might want to rig up a wire or clip lead or something to hold it there while you probe around with the other one
Having meter probes that accept screw-on alligator clips is incredibly handy, speaking from experience.
Remember Barney from Mission Impossible? He wouldn't leave home without 'em ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Mark, just had a chance to put the multimeter on there. Terminal 0 to 29 it gave me 88.7 VAC, 0 to the 14 on KM3 gave 118.9

Attachments

• PXL_20240210_191938134.jpg
    PXL_20240210_191938134.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20240210_192014619.jpg
    PXL_20240210_192014619.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 5
Back