H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Have some that need a new edge.
Mostly the large size, 1/2" TO 3/4, some carbide, most are HSS
Can ship in a small flat rate box.
Anyone here offer that service?
If so, how much?
Thanks!

I’ll second Gruschow, he did a great job with my end and shell mills, and was pretty quick turn around.

A little off topic, but can taps and dies also be sharpend without compromising the tap diameter or the die ID? I am talking if it is done by profesionals.

Never heard of resharpening taps and dies. Someone may do it, but I think the specs would go out the window.

A little off topic, but can taps and dies also be sharpend without compromising the tap diameter or the die ID? I am talking if it is done by profesionals.
Taps can be easily sharpened on the chamfers with a proper relieving attachment on a T&C grinder or surface grinder. Only taper pipe taps would be effected bt grinding the faces of the flutes, as there is little if any backoff on most taps. Since the chamfer does all the cutting, the rest of the tap does not much matter.

Check out Gruschow Grinding Service on the web. Getting a box of of bits and end mills together now.
Thanks! I'll be giving them a try soon

Never heard of resharpening taps and dies. Someone may do it, but I think the specs would go out the window.
About 10 years ago I ran across a tap sharpening machine at a local equipment dealer. It was interesting, and for a short period of time I entertained purchasing it. Looking closer I realized it was missing far too many parts to be able to resurrect it. The cost of the missing parts would have been multiple times the cost of the machine.

Back