enfield-303 britich

Here is a picture of my P-17 US Enfield barrel from 1918. Hope it helps you. I do not have a Lee Enfield barrel that is unmounted but the NRA book is accurate for it.
Pierre

PS Not a cellphone camera:))

p-17-barrel-shank.jpg

ok the mystery barrel turned out to be a p17 and after a qualified gun smith checked it out there was a slight bulge in middle of barrel so i'm guessing the spider didnt make it and i through 80.00 away but fig i'm lucky cause i didnt use it yet, chaulk it up as experience, going to cut the back end off and use the threaded portion as a tool for identifying future p17. thanks all for the info:))mac

Sorry the barrel turned out unusable for your project. It may still be useful for a build though. How far from the breech is the bulge? If you still have 16" after removing the bulge, you're (US) legal. Even if it's shorter, you can attach a permanent extension to stay legal. Another alternative is to use some of the drop for pistol caliber builds like .32 ACP or .32 Long, Mag, etc...
Many options, so maybe you didn't waste you dollars.

Sorry the barrel turned out unusable for your project. It may still be useful for a build though. How far from the breech is the bulge? If you still have 16" after removing the bulge, you're (US) legal. Even if it's shorter, you can attach a permanent extension to stay legal. Another alternative is to use some of the drop for pistol caliber builds like .32 ACP or .32 Long, Mag, etc...
Many options, so maybe you didn't waste you dollars.
bulge is about 17 inches,:))mac

Irishwoodsman, you may want to check with Hoosier Gun Works. They usually have a good supply of odd parts.

hi guys . question, i have a 303 british mk1 111 i was wondering can the reciever handle a 3006 cartrige, i found a new enfield barrel chamberd in a 3006 and was going to have a gunsmith change it over if it would work with no safety issues, i have a ishapore in 308 that is sweet as can be so i fig a british 303 in a 06 would be great too. ty mac:))

Holland and Holland, the famous British sporting gun manufacturers, converted the majority of No. 4 Mk. I (T) sniper rifles, with the rest converted by BSA and, in Canada, Long Branch arsenal.[SUP][47][/SUP] These rifles were extensively employed in various conflicts until the late 1960s, and when the British military switched over to the 7.62x51 NATO round in the 1950s, many of the No. 4 Mk I (T) sniper rifles were converted to the new calibre and designated L42A1.[SUP][35][/SUP] The L42A1 sniper rifle continued as the British Army's standard sniper weapon until the mid 1980s, being replaced by Accuracy International's L96.[SUP][48]
wikipedia
mike[/SUP]:))

Holland and Holland, the famous British sporting gun manufacturers, converted the majority of No. 4 Mk. I (T) sniper rifles, with the rest converted by BSA and, in Canada, Long Branch arsenal.[SUP][47][/SUP] These rifles were extensively employed in various conflicts until the late 1960s, and when the British military switched over to the 7.62x51 NATO round in the 1950s, many of the No. 4 Mk I (T) sniper rifles were converted to the new calibre and designated L42A1.[SUP][35][/SUP] The L42A1 sniper rifle continued as the British Army's standard sniper weapon until the mid 1980s, being replaced by Accuracy International's L96.[SUP][48]
wikipedia
mike[/SUP]:))
ty mike great info, i did find a nice replacement barrel in the 303 cal. and brought the pattern in nicely so now she is a hunter, got me some more mags just incase they disapere from the market. again ty :)) mac

Back