ER 32 Collets

Buffalo21

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I wanted a cheap back up set of ER 32 collets, for my Rockwell vertical milling machine (#21-100). On the 2 larger mills, a Jet JVM-836 and a 1940s era Bridgeport, for the last 10 years or so, I used a SYOZ 25 (EOC 25) series collet chucks and collets, for the Rockwell, I was given a LMS R8 x ER 32 collet chuck, and bought a set of collets from BangGood. I was really surprised, the quality is excellent and the runout on the 3 collets I checked (1/4”, 1/2” and 3/4”), was so low the indicator barely wiggled.

Earlier this week, I looked for 10-15 minutes for the 3/8” collet, I decided that a spare (extra) set seemed like a good idea. So I went back to BangGood (I’m in no hurry) and priced out a basic 11 piece set, I also checked a few other sources, and on the evil empire of EBay/PayPal, I found a indentical set in NJ for $15 less, with free shipping and guaranteed 5 day delivery. So I hesitantly placed the order (I hate EBay), I also ordered a ER 32 ball bearing nut and 2 collet nut wrenches.

This was on Thursday evening, today, I received not only the confirmation emails, but also actually received a shipping notices with tracking numbers, on all of the items. DAMN !! Who Knew !! So by next week end, I should (hopefully) have all of my items and continue on with the Rockwell mill.

I got my er32collets from ebay and they are way out when indicated the er32 x R8 indicates ok so I can no use them for a lot of project. hope yours are better.

I got my er32collets from ebay and they are way out when indicated the er32 x R8 indicates ok so I can no use them for a lot of project. hope yours are better.
Could be the nut instead of the collets...

There are several reviews of Banggood collets....you might want to check those out......FYI

There are several reviews of Banggood collets....you might want to check those out......FYI

I already have 2 sets of BangGood collets, one ER 32 and one 5C, both have been acceptable for their uses.

I already have 2 sets of BangGood collets, one ER 32 and one 5C, both have been acceptable for their uses.
that was the conclusion of one of the videos, acceptable for the home hobbyist....price is right!

Here is the opposite side of the equation...

acceptable conclusion for home hobbyists

Back