ER 32 Collets

I run Lyndex bearing nuts on my ER-40 chucks. They're not cheap compared to imports though. Plenty of import bearing nuts available these days. I don't run them on my ER-16 chuck although Lyndex does make them, I have one stashed somewhere.

I've also got em on my ER collet blocks but only cause the blocks didn't come with nuts & the vendor had import bearing nuts for cheap.

They're much more smoother when tightening down for larger shanks, allows you to put the high torque easier for larger shanks. You'll be surprised what the recommened torque is for the larger ER collets. I'm just a hobby guy, I'm not worried about the recommended torque & I'm not buying the specialized torque wrench for them either. Not really need for smaller shank tooling or smaller series collets, well IMO for non-CNC production use.

I can visualize that the bearing nuts put an uniform loading on the collet and if there is the slightest grab or bind between the cap and collet as it is twisted tight that there can be a slight impact to the run out.

MariTool has them in stock.....

According to them as the collet hits the back of the collet chuck, the bearing allows the nut to turn, but reduces or eliminates the twisting effect of the tightening, on the front of the collet.

I just ordered the square and hex ER 32 collet blocks and a couple of more ball bearing nuts.

Thanks for the post. I just ordered two, wishing I had seen this thread yesterday while the 15% ebay thing was going... I got one from Rocky Mountain CNC and a second, more expensive Taiwan-made nut from another seller. I use ER32 on my lathe and mill both. I love fixing problems I didn't realize I had!

Thanks for the post. I just ordered two, wishing I had seen this thread yesterday while the 15% ebay thing was going... I got one from Rocky Mountain CNC and a second, more expensive Taiwan-made nut from another seller. I use ER32 on my lathe and mill both. I love fixing problems I didn't realize I had!

I had to restrain myself from making a purchase yesterday. I'm still sad about it.

I had to restrain myself from making a purchase yesterday. I'm still sad about it.

When eBay does those promos, can you buy from multiple sellers and get the 15% discount? How does that work with checking out and making payment? Thanks

When eBay does those promos, can you buy from multiple sellers and get the 15% discount? How does that work with checking out and making payment? Thanks
Yes, you can buy from multiple sellers, at least on buy it now items. The discount applies to the entire cart. It's nice when you max out the savings, $150 off is a nice chunk.

Yes, you can buy from multiple sellers, at least on buy it now items. The discount applies to the entire cart. It's nice when you max out the savings, $150 off is a nice chunk.

Good tluck know. Will try to take advantage of the next one.

Back