Euro Style edge finder.. any with imperial sizes?

well, the euro edge finder is much more accurate than my American straight style. The wiggler and the euro are almost a match for repeated centering tests. I re-ground the shaft to fit a 3/8 collet. ahhhh. I am within 2 to 4 tenths of a thou on the wiggler on center repeatedly. It kicks over so much better. I tested both the small and the next larger one.

Before regrind..
PXL_20240314_010024268.jpg

After a regrind:
PXL_20240314_024021113.jpg

I did manage to break an arbor on the toolpost grinder on the lathe. On the last pass, I turned the lathe on and I thought it fed into the chuck , but it was the chuck that started coming off the lathe spindle. I grind in reverse. On my old Cushman chuck I had installed a set screw that held the chuck on. The new to me Bison does not have enough room to do that. The boss is just too small. I don't know what I will do about running in reverse now. Someone on here mentioned that they glue the chuck on the threads using CA... I'm not so sure I like that idea. Maybe I'll try medium Loctite and just clean it with acetone each time rather than having to heat the plate and spindle to break free the plate.

Last edited:
I'm out. the last tube I got cured quickly after opening.
That's weird. I've had a small tube VC3 for over a decade. Seems fine. Maybe the little squeeze tube has a better seal? (Loctite superglue, on the other hand I can't keep alive more than a few months!)

That's weird. I've had a small tube VC3 for over a decade. Seems fine. Maybe the little squeeze tube has a better seal? (Loctite superglue, on the other hand I can't keep alive more than a few months!)

I keep my cyanoacrylate adhesive in a sealed jar with silica desiccant. It seems to keep much longer that way. The desiccant can be harvested from all the little packets that are included with electronic equipment. I dry the desiccant in an oven prior to use..

I keep my cyanoacrylate adhesive in a sealed jar with silica desiccant. It seems to keep much longer that way. The desiccant can be harvested from all the little packets that are included with electronic equipment. I dry the desiccant in an oven prior to use..
Good tip! CA glue uses moisture to cure... duh.
May have to try that. Have jars of desiccant (air dryer for the plasma) around.

I've had my bottle of VC3 for almost 10 years and it's still as good as when I bought it. However, the first bottle Amazon sent leaked in the package (so I guess they don't use VC3 on the bottle cap?), so they replaced it. I am very careful not to get it on the bottle mouth, and clean the mouth before closing.

I have heard that clear nail polish is an OK alternative.

that makes sense I guess, nail polish is probably acrylic. I will probably order another tube of VC3.. it'll be my third. I learned about it on the ads we have on HM...

Back