Excuse's You give your wife or hubby for buying a new tool?

You ask? I mention that I plan on it long before hand of it is a new perches & she receives it in the mail. If we go to the flea market she just keeps swing by me to see of anything needs haled to the truck. She doesn't always agree with what I buy but she usually doesn't say anything unless it is a animal I'm buying.

She seems to rather her meat come from somewhere else. She will debone, trim, & grind it if it comes from a wrapped package but doesn't like doing it of I hand her a quarter.

I just dropped $244 on groceries and almost 100 on meds on my wife per month....but I saved 75% on that $1500 tool...Tim

I just use the same phrase that my wife uses on me, "Hon, I couldn't pass up the deal as it was ON SALE!" :grin:

-Ron

I mostly go without, or keep putting money in my hobby fund a bit at a time. My wife pays the bills from both accounts, leaves me some mad money. She buys what she wants, I buy what I want, and we've agreed that neither of us should criticize the other's purchases. Big purchases get discussed, as they impact the budget, but we usually come to an agreement. Like the feeder wire I need to run proper electric to my shop. Its expensive, but necessary. So we're setting aside a little more money for it.
One thing we both agree on is that 99% of the money left over after the bills gets spent on paying off debt. I'd rather go without something I'd like to gave, and have that much less debt. Like the $1800 bridgeport I found..... :( *sniff*

Pretty much got every tool (maybe in doubles ++++) I will ever need in this life time. The only problem is, can’t find anything when it’s all in huge unorganized piles.

I usually manage to buy 'extra' stuff at auctions/estate sales to sell and offset the cost of the toys...er...tools that I intend to keep.

But as someone much wiser than I once said... "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife is going to sell all my tools for how much I told her I paid for them"

Part of my income is reselling tools & equipment. Many tools that I have came from a bundled purchase. I sell off all from the bundle that I don't need, and keep what I want.

As said before... my money, my shop. No wife and if the GF doesn't like it she can find another place to live. Yeah, it's my house too.

I just tell her, honey I bought a new tool. Wanna go with me to get it? Its six hours away! Lol. I work, I pay the bills, I get what I want, period! I have spent more money going to get a tool than I paid for it. Its all in the hunt for that elusive, gotta have it tool.

Do it right. Wait for a woman (or.....) whose interests you can share, and talk her
into sharing yours. Mutual free labor, and the love of common enthusiasm
........BLJHB.

Back