Fims # 4 toolpost

I have a #4 and 5 holders.
Now the problem is only lathes I own is south bend 9A and just recent ( in restoration/ peices) south bend 10L
This #4 is deff to big.
I could use the money and just sell it...
Or horde it until the inevitable time comes.when I upgrade my machines swing capabilities with a 3rd larger swing machine. ?:)
Oh and my 10L doesn't have a tool post so maybe a trade.?

Are you talking tool holders, or a post? I could really use some #4 tool holders.
I have the post and five holders I'd rather bundle it all together or whichever will net me a maximum amount of profit so I can buy some standard AXA china doll post that I can use

I have the post and five holders I'd rather bundle it all together or whichever will net me a maximum amount of profit so I can buy some standard AXA china doll post that I can use
And holders it really stinks only having two I'm not sure what this post is worth but I'd like to assume I should be able to get the $150 AXA and but ton of $20 holders

If you need to sell it, you need to sell it, but I though I'd offer my own cautionary tale. I found a #2 tool post in the Penn State machine shop scrap bin many years ago, bit had a tiny jewelers type lathe at the time do I sold it. Many years later, I got a South bend heavy 9 and bought another #2 for it. I should have kept the original one and the micrometer bed stop I found with it!

If you need to sell it, you need to sell it, but I though I'd offer my own cautionary tale. I found a #2 tool post in the Penn State machine shop scrap bin many years ago, bit had a tiny jewelers type lathe at the time do I sold it. Many years later, I got a South bend heavy 9 and bought another #2 for it. I should have kept the original one and the micrometer bed stop I found with it!
Wow I'd take that stop myself now as well! Yeah one day I'll have a 16 swing and I'll be kicking myself for selling it then but I guess it is what it is if I could get money invested back that's what I'm living day by day not decade by decades so to speak

And holders it really stinks only having two I'm not sure what this post is worth but I'd like to assume I should be able to get the $150 AXA and but ton of $20 holders
I have the AXA and a dozen or more holders with it. I figured I'd sell it with my Atlas when I get the Nardini up and turning, but I'd be better off if I can source some more FIMS kit. Cash? Trade?

I have the AXA and a dozen or more holders with it. I figured I'd sell it with my Atlas when I get the Nardini up and turning, but I'd be better off if I can source some more FIMS kit. Cash? Trade?
Hmm that surly is tempting! Is there a personal message feature here? Or you can look me up on Facebook " pawel gloc" my name. Picture is me.sitting with my grandpa I'd love to have that for my soon to be up and running 10L can't do squat with the big one but look at it.

Hmm that surly is tempting! Is there a personal message feature here? Or you can look me up on Facebook " pawel gloc" my name. Picture is me.sitting with my grandpa I'd love to have that for my soon to be up and running 10L can't do squat with the big one but look at it.
Yes, the site has private messaging. I'll take some pictures when I get home.

:applause:

I'm confused , who's looking for FIMS ? :grin:

Back