Finally made it!

Ahhh, 66 years! Nicely done Tom. I hope you enjoyed it because now the real work begins.......but on your schedule! :thumbsup:

Retirement is nice! I've been "goofing off" now for almost 10 years, and I'm still not bored. Granted it's not for everybody, but once you get past the adjustment period (2 weeks +/-) you'll know if you like it. Congrats! :))

Retirement is nice! I've been "goofing off" now for almost 10 years, and I'm still not bored. Granted it's not for everybody, but once you get past the adjustment period (2 weeks +/-) you'll know if you like it. Congrats! :))

Retirement just means that you work full-time for your wife rather than just evenings and weekends.

Congratulations on your retirement! It takes a little getting used to - after 10 years I still occasionally wake up wondering what time do I go to work!
Michael

Congratulations. You will love the retirement. The work may still be there but now one thing is missing, the pressure. Have Fun, you earned it. Your dues are now paid in full.

"Billy G"

Congratulations!! As a newbie to the retirement thing, I still have times where I think someone is going to knock on the door and say get back to work!
Hope it is all fun for you. Best advice I got was to set up a routine so Monday to Friday I do what I want (or what SWMBO wants) and weekends I relax.

Congratulations. After 66 years it is well deserved to be able to do your own thing.

I know sometimes we think we will never get there. I have 22 1/2 months till I am calling it quits.

It only gets better. I retired January 21, 1995 and have yet to be sorry.

"Billy G"

Back