Finally starting... let the adventure begin.

Sure was glad they put that door in. Don't know how I would have been able to get in to look around if they hadn't...

Now he has options in getting in his building.

Well you know what they say extropic, "The best laid plans o' mice an' man..."

I started this project last November with lots of plans. Goal was a place to keep my Ag equipment on one end, a metal shop in the center, and on the far end a clean room for processing our lambs, an office and in the corner connecting to the shop an area for grinding and welding. As I said this was in November. Since then, I've learned my parents will need to move out this way, along with my sister. Now we are talking about having them live with us, and building them a small house on the property.

Having already put the deposit down on the shop, I will go ahead and get it insulated and enclosed, but I'm going to hold off on power, AC and any interior work for now. My sister and parents will probably complain (they already have!) They don't want me to stop working on my things just because of what's going on with them. But family comes first, and when things are uncertain, you're better off staying liquid and flexible. With lumber prices still up 100% (even though down from the peak) I want to make sure they can get their place built before I put all my available cash into the shop. The shop and equipment will still come, just a bit more slowly than I expected.

At least you will still have your shop. You can always add to the project at intervals as you start to see what the future holds. You may be able to negotiate with the builder to get some work done on the shop in conjunction with the new house.

Good luck.

LOL. From the first photo I wondered why you might be concerned. Given the low angle shot, I thought they had the roof on.

Then I scrolled down.

That insulation better not get wet.

Well you know what they say extropic, "The best laid plans o' mice an' man..."

I started this project last November with lots of plans. Goal was a place to keep my Ag equipment on one end, a metal shop in the center, and on the far end a clean room for processing our lambs, an office and in the corner connecting to the shop an area for grinding and welding. As I said this was in November. Since then, I've learned my parents will need to move out this way, along with my sister. Now we are talking about having them live with us, and building them a small house on the property.

Having already put the deposit down on the shop, I will go ahead and get it insulated and enclosed, but I'm going to hold off on power, AC and any interior work for now. My sister and parents will probably complain (they already have!) They don't want me to stop working on my things just because of what's going on with them. But family comes first, and when things are uncertain, you're better off staying liquid and flexible. With lumber prices still up 100% (even though down from the peak) I want to make sure they can get their place built before I put all my available cash into the shop. The shop and equipment will still come, just a bit more slowly than I expected.
Yes, family first.

But try to at least get power run to it so you can run a machine or two. Trust me, you’ll want a place to get away now and then....

John

Well I hope that nothing got damaged. See in the forcast a little light rain, but temps are up.

Back