FIRE!!!

Hi senna, sorry to hear about your fire. Most of my remodeling work is in the insurance restoration end of it. I know a lot about dealing with insurance companies. Some companies are better than others when paying out claims. Your adjuster is gonna want an inventory of all the stuff damaged in the fire, which is a major PITA.They're gonna be looking to you on a lot of stuff to put values on it, don't let them devalue your stuff. You folks have a haul in front of you. It sounds like your house is very badly damaged. Who's your insurance company?

Marcel

man when i saw the name of this thread i was hoping it had nothing to do with something like this... i have been slowly rebuilding my shop from a fire that happened 15 years back. no insurance in my case... best of luck to you, and i am truly glad you and the family came out with no injuries:))

rich

Ken---I just saw this thread and sure am sorry about your fire--is your garage/shop attached to the house also--did your house get damage also? --glad that no one was hurt, but I know how much a fire can set you back---good that you have insurance that will cover some of your loss. I'm sure you will keep us up to date on your results. --Dave--***we all in this group really really care about each member and their family. no one likes for others to have to go through hardships--we are all praying for you and your family

That's heartbreaking. I have survived a fire (long ago), and a divorce that lost me some of my shop. Then I had to store it for 3 years, and refurb some of it from the imperfect storage.

No matter how sucky it is right now, you'll get it back, and better than before.

That's no bull. I know you mentioned the roof, but I hope it was only part of your house.

I wish you peace and clarity working through the next few weeks. They are the hardest. You WILL get right back where you are. Just work through it.

Bernie

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear this. I don't have any advice, but please know that you'll be in our prayers.

Been there, hated that. Lost a house I was living in with my cousin years ago and we lost almost everything. He thought I was in there and broke the door down. Pretty hairy. Hang in there. Mike.

Ken - sorry to hear about the fire in your shop. If I remember, your shop is separate from your house, so hopefully your house is OK.
As you say - at least no injuries. Hang in there while you sort this all out.
Terry S.

Senna

Sorry to hear the news, and glad that nobdy was hurt.

Any word yet on how much is salvagable?

I got rid of the oil furnace a few years back, found that the insurance companies were getting sticky about them and wanted to raise the rates through the roof if heat was either by oil or wood heat.

Walter

Ken sorry to hear about the fire. Man that sucks no worst way to loose things. Hope you and family are ok Again sorry to hear that. Things can only get better. Dave

Ken,

Sorry to hear about the fire. Had an extremely busy week and did not get home and see this until just now. Strange part is that I was up in your neck of the woods today and was tempted to give you a call, remembering that you said your son likes trucks. But, time was short, so I just kept on going. Glad to hear that everyone is okay, let us know how things are going, we'll all be thinking about you.

Back