Forecast Fri & Sat: 68° & 75° - Springtime in January

We had 4-5 inches of snow on Wednesday and 31°, then 17° overnight. Today it's a balmy 58° and we had to turn on the AC.
The heater in the garage keeps it at 70° though so I can at least work on projects.

Roy

Last edited:
Minus 25 Celcius here this morning. Beautiful sunny morning and a glistening blanket of fluffy snow everywhere. No wind, it is dead still outside. So quiet you can listen to your thoughts.
After the storm subsided yesterday I cleared the driveway of 24 inches of snow. Made sure the exhaust chute was pointed towards Hawaii. Feel sorry for anyone who has not experienced a dump of snow.

Middle road, I'm wondering why you use a neoprene gasket on your valve cover. Neoprene is NOT recommended for hot petroleum oils, I think you'll find that Nitrile is far superior, same material that common "O" rings are made from. Nitrile is also known as Buna_N.
There's cork in them now, standard Fel-Pro. With Indian adhesive.
Nitrile does make sense though.
I think it comes down to the fact that she just doesn't get 'ran' enough so things dry out.
She's also had a constant drip at the rear main seal. She needs some attention is all.

Yesterday morning. By late afternoon it was all gone, thankfully. Suppose to push 60°
(*GADS* I've turned into my father - talking about the weather so much...)
Though I'd rather just stay out of it and off the streets so as to not have to contend with other drivers.
But it sure is 'purty' :grin:
IMG_20200208_111603__R.jpg....IMG_20200208_112833__R.jpg

That certainly is beautiful, we don't get anything like that here in South Australia. My home town Adelaide rarely gets below 3c.

About once every 5 or 10 years we get a couple of inches of what we call snow up in the hills, but never down on the flat lands where the city is. We call it snow but in reality it's more like slushy hail a mix of very small hail and some wet snow, I think it's more properly called sleet.

I have seen some beautiful scenes like that in real life when visiting places like Churchill In Canada we went to see the northern lights and the polar bears, absolutely beautiful. I've also seen sights like that when I was working on ships in the Baltic. -20c in Sweden and -30c in Finland.

Also home in Australia, up in the alps near the border of Victoria and New South Wales, where snow ski areas are but it usually doesn't get much below -5c

My brother got married to a Wisconsin girl Back in the 70’s she was out here in California when they met . They got married and moved back to Sturgeon Bay Wisconsin.
He spent one winter there and came back without her

The old eskimo trick of rubbing noses to keep warm works anywhere on the planet.

Back