Forecast Fri & Sat: 68° & 75° - Springtime in January

Dan, this made me think of you.
You're all heart -hehe.
Basement is still seeping. Meanwhile it is suppose to go down to 21° tonight... :cautious:
And then, and then, just for grins the kitchen faucet decided it would like to get in on the action.
It's one of those 'pull the head out of the base' kind. The hose came loose at the head.
It's been leaking all day. Luckily Honey noticed it on the floor. * Clean up - Aisle 4! *
At least the forecast is clear for the next few days!

And then, and then, just for grins the kitchen faucet decided it would like to get in on the action.
It's one of those 'pull the head out of the base' kind. The hose came loose at the head.

Funny , I must have the same model ! Wife informed me of a leak when walking out the door tonight . Looks like a job for Sunday . :)

Must be the season for leaks, last night 11.30 pm she calls out and says there's water squirting outside the bedroom door. Me, having just got ready for bed, puts shoes back on go outside and find garden irrigation system has sprung a leak, turn it off for the night. Today repair leak, all is good again, until next event

Well, at least it was outside. :grin:
Must be the season for leaks, last night 11.30 pm she calls out and says there's water squirting outside the bedroom door. Me, having just got ready for bed, puts shoes back on go outside and find garden irrigation system has sprung a leak, turn it off for the night. Today repair leak, all is good again, until next event

Well here's a p*ss-cutter.
Just now calling it a day. posted a couple of replies while wolfing down some -real- late dinner.
The basement dried out pretty well. I went down this afternoon to straighten up and clean up a couple of cardboard boxes that didn't make it.
There's a set of old kitchen cabinets mounted on the wall high up just as you get into the basement. I've been wanting to tear them out since day one seven years ago, and Honey would state the obvious "haven't we got enough to do already?"
Well, Honey was out this afternoon.
And I smelled mildew and felt a draft. Got a burr under my saddle, and emptied the cabinets.
Would you believe they were mounted with 20p nails into the sill under the joists?
I then took my trusty hand sledge to them and they are history. Anyone wanna guess what I'll be doing the next couple of days?
Hint: it ain't going to be any meaningful shop time that's for sure.
Here's what was behind the cabinets. A 1/4" thick piece of plywood over half a window and a sheet of aluminum siding on the outside.
Always wondered what that was covering - now I know for certain. I am royally PO'd. :mad:
Now to figure out what to do with it. I'm thinking of putting a window in to get some daylight into the basement.
(Couldn't the PO have at least put some insulation in??? I mean - come on! Unbelievable.)
<end rant>
1582181595671.png

I have a feeling the sellers knew what they were doing when they added the cabinet.

Maybe you can make some lemon aid out of this situation? You could tear all that out and open it up to daylight and then close it with glass block with a vent or fan? I did this in our previous house(circa 1927). It is very secure, adds natural light and ventilation. Just a thought.

looks like you can get supplies at HD:

4C40576A-827B-4F12-B5C7-FE86F9BCEFD8.png6B26E0B6-CA72-4C73-B5FC-FA5C51CE5784.jpeg

Just started snowing here Dan. Crazy winter weather.

That's what we'll do! Thanks for the idea. Going to show this to the Better Half.
Yeah, the PO was a master at hiding stuff behind paneling. Went to great lengths to do so.
It was done years ago and we figure that he did it for a re-fi or 2nd mortgage.
We've been tearing it out as we go along.
You can't see it in the picture but we've got to jack up the joist and put proper material in at the sill.
Just plain unbelievable.
I have a feeling the sellers knew what they were doing when they added the cabinet.

Maybe you can make some lemon aid out of this situation? You could tear all that out and open it up to daylight and then close it with glass block with a vent or fan? I did this in our previous house(circa 1927). It is very secure, adds natural light and ventilation. Just a thought.

looks like you can get supplies at HD:

View attachment 314206View attachment 314207

Just started snowing here Dan. Crazy winter weather.
Tell me about it. At least it is not sticking on the streets and roads.
I put up a tarp/lean to on the one bay of the garage to move some stuff out of the shop while I try to re-org and gain control with my mess.
Grinders, the bandsaw, could of other odds and ends.
I've had to go out twice and knock the snow off. I planned for rain, the snow doesn't slide off easily.
At least it didn't collapse.
1582227453480.png

So far this morning all we have is fog.
Wanted some sunshine to go with the nice temps. Back yard is going to need mowing so you know what that means....
Mower repair season has begun! :grin:

1584543341848.png

Back