Found a “deal” on the local facebook

take the deckover, you won't need a small trailer, he has a commercial building. 9k will only get you 2 machines at a time possibly, 3 would be over loading it possibly.

like shotgun says, tables down, heads down. No loose parts all , drawbars removed, covers can be taped over with duct tape to ensure they stay put and any nuts are secured. All doors secured with duct tape or additional straps. When I say duct tape, I mean wrap it around, it won't stick to the metal due to the oil, but it will to itself. Many a guy has lost a door that blew open on the highway.

You really suck..

9k will only get you 2 machines at a time possibly, 3 would be over loading it possibly.
I don't think that is correct.

I have a Sharp mill that is significantly larger than @D.sebens mill here, and mine only weighs about 3500-3800 lbs. My Bridgeport SG weighs maybe 1200 lbs.

After looking at the pictures again @woodchucker , you are correct. Go with the deck-over.

Deckover it is! I’m pretty excited for this, the wife doesnt quite get it. I was looking at a smaller pm bench mill that could go in the basement. I don’t think she understands the scale difference. I’ve watched a lot of videos on the pm 735(?) mill and it can do a lot as long as you play the song to its tune. But this mill plays a wider tune lol

Also the deckover will be more versatile to loading since there’s no fenders in the way.

the wife doesnt quite get it.
Bahahaha. Oh, man. Good luck there, buddy! I have done similar things, and the wife seems cranky for a while. They usually get over it.

This is a dang good choice over a PM mill. This is like comparing a Chevy Equinox to a Corvette.

On the Hartford mill, it is easier to take off the turret, tam and head as one piece. There are 4 bolts accessible through the door.

With your dad there, I'm sure everything will be strapped down just fine.

Have a safe move!!!

Do you think I need to remove the head? That’s another thing to strap down. Is lowering the knee and rotating the head enough?

How much do you guess the head weighs? Can two people lift it I assume its a hoisting operation

I have moved quite a few, and have never had to disassemble. I have a wooden deck trailer and use 1/2" lag bolts to secure machines directly to the deck in addition to straps, or attach 2x4's around the base to prevent shifting. Great score you made there. Mike

Back