From 3 phase to single phase with replacing motor

Very nice! Looks to be in top shape but it's like ... too clean!

Congrats on a beautiful and very rare machine.
Now I am looking fo a mill. There is one in California (ebay) they want to much for it besides transportation from California to Florida. I am thingkind to get thr Precision Mathews PM-833 TV. Will see. $$$$$

Juanca, you should only match that Emco up with an equally nice mill. I'm thinking Deckel, Gorton, or Tree... That's a fine looking lathe. The V13 would fetch you 5K Euro in west/central Europe, and that's where they're common.

Juanca, you should only match that Emco up with an equally nice mill. I'm thinking Deckel, Gorton, or Tree... That's a fine looking lathe. The V13 would fetch you 5K Euro in west/central Europe, and that's where they're common.
Good Afternon Pontiac428. Thank yoy for the comment and the sugestions. I will llok for the recomended Mills.

I will llok for the recomended Mills.
After I posted, I realized I'd forgot to add Van Norman to that list... You'll see the connection in the machines, like a school of artists following a movement. It's not cubism, or impressionism, it's more like damn-fine-equipment-ism.

After I posted, I realized I'd forgot to add Van Norman to that list... You'll see the connection in the machines, like a school of artists following a movement. It's not cubism, or impressionism, it's more like damn-fine-equipment-ism.
Pontiac428. I fugure that all of the named mills are eurepean origen ! Do you happen to know which company represents them in US ?

Actually, Gorton, Van Norman, and Tree (IIRC) are all USA makes, but they were geared towards a precision over production industry from my perspective. Just beautiful machines that are as much works of art as they are functional. I think the larger Emco lathes fit right in that category. The mills cost a little higher than average, but not necessarily at luxury prices.

Actually, Gorton, Van Norman, and Tree (IIRC) are all USA makes, but they were geared towards a precision over production industry from my perspective. Just beautiful machines that are as much works of art as they are functional. I think the larger Emco lathes fit right in that category. The mills cost a little higher than average, but not necessarily at luxury prices.
Pontiac428, I took a quick look over the internet. It seems that they do not make small size mills. I will look deeper

Here's a Deckel FP-1, a small mill. The table tilts forward 90 degrees, as well as left/right, it's pretty impressive, I've always liked this one.
1754ac761b3c3397f23c1796b114bcfb_thumb.jpg

The Tree mills are Bridgeport sized, but are definitely NOT Bridgeports.
16810d1256926300-f-s-tree-2uv-milling-machine-picture-060.jpg

Gortons are mostly big, there are some smaller models, and they are also NOT Bridgeports.
4S2l678ELhB-rpgyutKcwLMXbxh23tziihYzz4XlMeP8lALZzjNLvkITuHkouFZzmsv_k_szgZmHZijuR7cMYtHpRadt3bFJbJZCeJRNHOjyO04boqhB8vseNTgEJZBlLFktFRD4HZYD

Van Normans get big, but that's not a rule. This one has a swinging head.
6177-1-large.jpg

Here's a Deckel FP-1, a small mill. The table tilts forward 90 degrees, as well as left/right, it's pretty impressive, I've always liked this one.
1754ac761b3c3397f23c1796b114bcfb_thumb.jpg

The Tree mills are Bridgeport sized, but are definitely NOT Bridgeports.
16810d1256926300-f-s-tree-2uv-milling-machine-picture-060.jpg

Gortons are mostly big, there are some smaller models, and they are also NOT Bridgeports.
4S2l678ELhB-rpgyutKcwLMXbxh23tziihYzz4XlMeP8lALZzjNLvkITuHkouFZzmsv_k_szgZmHZijuR7cMYtHpRadt3bFJbJZCeJRNHOjyO04boqhB8vseNTgEJZBlLFktFRD4HZYD

Van Normans get big, but that's not a rule. This one has a swinging head.
6177-1-large.jpg
Thank you Pontiac428. The Decker FP-1 looks atarctive. The others look to big. I do not make big parts, nor do production. I have limited space in my home garage. Also limited to single phase current. I would like a "bench type" mill. I will look into the Decker FP-1. The other thing that concerrn me is that most of the used machinery has been abused and some time no maintenance so you do not know what you are going to get.

Thats a real beaut. I have one but am jealous of how pristine yours looks. Wish we could get a pic of that electromachanical brake system you installed.

Back