Fusion 360 Defunctioning

Just curious... Will Autodesk be able to come up with some sort of code to stop the add it from working?

I know virtually nothing about computer code programming so I can't comment on your question. But I wouldn't put it past them to do so.

With this "defunctioning" now in effect, could somebody explain exactly what is meant by their removal of "multi-sheet" drawings?
Up to now, I've only made a handful of drawings during my few years of trying to use F360. So now that the restrictions have come into effect, "I don't know what I don't know." Now that I've reengaged in my long-standing project, this may become a critical deficiency.
Over this past week I did investigate FreeCAD. Watched a few videos, downloaded it, and tried to model the part I'm working on. I was quickly frustrated and returned to F360, at least for now.

With this "defunctioning" now in effect, could somebody explain exactly what is meant by their removal of "multi-sheet" drawings?
Up to now, I've only made a handful of drawings during my few years of trying to use F360. So now that the restrictions have come into effect, "I don't know what I don't know." Now that I've reengaged in my long-standing project, this may become a critical deficiency.
Over this past week I did investigate FreeCAD. Watched a few videos, downloaded it, and tried to model the part I'm working on. I was quickly frustrated and returned to F360, at least for now.

I might be the perfect one to answer this question, as I had it myself until just a couple days ago.

For Christmas, one of my gifts to my wife was a set of drawings for a manual coffee burr grinder, with a promise to make it before next Christmas. Here's the cover page:
1608928065639.png

I've rarely made any drawings using Fusion, so it was a bit of a learning process. Anyway, this project required 6 sheets. I was able to make 6 sheets, but they were all part of a separate "drawing" file. Best I can tell, if you have the full version, you can make several sheets within one 'drawing' (the Plus symbol with a red circle in my last screenshot says you can only add a sheet if you pay). This would probably make things a bit easier to cross-reference, if that's your thing. But I had no issues whatsoever making it out of 6 individual drawings.

1608928108685.png

1608928204425.png

Once I finished putting the proverbial pen to paper, I printed each drawing sheet to PDF as a separate file, then combined the files into a single 6-page PDF. Easy peasy.

...Once I finished putting the proverbial pen to paper, I printed each drawing sheet to PDF as a separate file, then combined the files into a single 6-page PDF. Easy peasy....
That’s great there is this workaround!

I was within a hairs breadth of purchasing Fusion 360 but didn’t because this winter I’ve got my hands full with other projects. If there’s a decent enough sale next Black Friday (November’ish), then I probably will. I‘ve had so much fun learning Fusion 360 that I I’d like to support AutoDesk for the enjoyment I’ve had.

JRaut,

Thanks for the quick response to my question about the drawings limitation. Nice to know there's an easy workaround.

Greg

I just tried to export a single page drawing. Apparently this can no longer be done on the free version of Fusion. Is there a work around I am missing? I can screen shot it but that is suboptimal.

Export? What format? If you want a PDF and you are using Windows, select "save as PDF" from your print destination drop down list. I do it all the time with the free version.

Ted

Ted- thanks for the reply! Are you on the latest version? There is no option "save as pdf" Under the file tab. There is "save as" but then there is no option for pdf only f2d. Under "Export" there is an option for pdf but that is not available for the free version. If I am missing something please give more precise info.

Edit: what is the "print destination drop down list"? Is this a Fusion function or Windows?

I see it now! It is a Microsoft function. For any one who doesn't know this:
From your drawing page in Fusion select "print". Then change the destination to "Microsoft print to pdf". Select print and it will open a dialog box asking for the name and destination to save.
Thanks Ted! I think a lot of people do not know that is possible. Can you confirm that the pdf scales appropriately to size? Prior to this I always exported the pdf directly from Fusion and the size was always dead on.

Back