Fusion 360 Defunctioning

All you guys getting EAA memberships ought to be careful. It just might lead to another hobby.
4F0745FB-BA09-4FCD-9070-2E84E39A7487.jpeg
my dads, but he never got to fly it☹️

John

Too late, I have had an adiction to things that fly for over 50 years. It is flying and building/fixing flying things that got me into machining.

Can we still make dimensioned prints to display here?
Robert

This looks like just the right push to rejoin EAA to get the free Solidworks, AND motivate me to get my pilots license back to current............Hmmmmmmmm.........
But I still hate that SW would still be on the web.

I've also heard about EAA/SW deal. Are you saying its only cloud based ("still be on the web") or where did you read about that? They say Education Version, but I think that is essentially what is offered to secondary school students etc. more fully described in last link.

I've also heard about EAA/SW deal. Are you saying its only cloud based ("still be on the web") or where did you read about that? They say Education Version, but I think that is essentially what is offered to secondary school students etc. more fully described in last link.

The EAA version of Solidworks doesn't include CAM its just 3D modeling and PCB Design......

Thanks CB, I realize that. It was his 'on the web' comment I was interested in. I think maybe by that he is inferring cloud based, but from what I can tell, its a conventional standalone PC install. Just the Educational version, which has certain limitations over regular seat, but still not cloud based AFAIK.

Thanks CB, I realize that. It was his 'on the web' comment I was interested in. I think maybe by that he is inferring cloud based, but from what I can tell, its a conventional standalone PC install. Just the Educational version, which has certain limitations over regular seat, but still not cloud based AFAIK.

I Lied! I only said that Because I was installing the EAA copy and it looked like it wasn't included...... But now I'm using the software and the CAM appears to be here..... lol

I don't want to derail this Fusion post with SW, but I found an EAA SW subforum that looks like it has lots of useful info, so leave it at that.

One thing to keep in mind. When restoring archived projects, you must do this in the web browser, not from the program directly. Unless there is some way I don't know?
Robert

Can we still make dimensioned prints to display here?
Robert

If you are referring to F360:

PDFs, images, presentations, spreadsheets, etc do not count towards the 10 active document allowance.

Reactions: rwm
Back