gas mix

Ok next question. What size tank does co2 come in? And what size for some one that doesn't do a lot of welding?

Ok next question. What size tank does co2 come in? And what size for some one that doesn't do a lot of welding?

As far as I know, there are: 2.5,5,10,20 and 50# cylinders. From that point, the larger vessels are dewars. Buy the biggest cylinder you can afford and be done with it.

If your machine was running CO2 before and you still have the flow gauge, you should be good to go. If not, don't forget that the CO2 cylinders require a female coupling (CGA -320 if I remember right).

CO2 has its place and is even called out in certain wps but, I personally prefer Ar mixes (c10, c25). Ar mixes are less prone to burn through on thinner steel, generally create less spatter and can be used to spray with if >80% Ar.

Last edited:
Well it is a millermatic 200 JE serial number made in 1984. The wire feeder isn't working. And the price is $000.00 Did I pay to much? AN I will pick it up 01/02 when I get back to work.
Does any one know where I can get a service manual for it? I found the owners manual online at miller.

one of my machines is a miller 200 bought new in 1985, w/spool gun, and 'ive had zero issues with it. mine only came with the 3 owners' manuals

Be careful on buying too small of a cylinder. I had a medium size that I went to exchange, well apparently that size was not a high quantity cylinder and they were out of them and would have had to wait and make a separate trip. So now, I have up graded to the more popular size.

I like you, do not do "a lot" of welding. It can be many years before I need a refill. Now, it is going to be many, many more years before an exchange.

I am thinking 20lb I can get that through a beverage company a lot cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

120cf 75/25 for my mig, 300cf for tig , o/a 180cf both tanks. Is what I run , if you buy “lifetime lease “ tanks the ring under the cap threads should not have anything embossed on it,

Not having any luck finding a tank for a good price around here. But most of my welding projects are out side in the wind. Picked up a roll of lincoln innershield nr-211-mp. And the welder is working great.

When you buy a bottle, remember you are the one who has to put it in and take it out of your truck or car. Big bottles are very heavy.

Weldit, naw, they just took it back. I guess it was a leased. Anyway, it was out of the back yard. It's moot point now, I bought a TIG/stick. I won't have to get a tri-mix bottle for MIGing stainless.

I’ve alway leased, I have about 10 bottles (2 of 90/10, 2 of 75/25, argon, tri-mix for SS, helium, argon/helium, oxy/ace, nitrogen and possibly a few others), at my bottle lease rates, I can lease go about 30-35yrs, before I hit bottle cost.

Owned bottles on re-fill, you drop them off about a week later, its ready for pick up, they also will not fill any owned bottle larger than 120 cf.

Back