gas mix

I took the liner out and blew it out with compressed air put it back in and the wire went through. Have to get some cable and make a ground lead. Is 1/0 big enough or should I get 2/0 cable?

I can't use lugs. The millermatic 200 uses twist lock connectors on the welder end. And clamp the wire goes inside. I found 1/0 cable at work for free. So I will use it for now.

Well it is alive and well. I don't have any shielding gas yet but We ran a couple of beads with it. The first project will be welding on a big mud truck out side. So I will probably pick up some flux core for that.

Flux and gas ? . Never tried that, works good a

I need to replace the gas line from the valve to the feeder. What type of hose does it need to be?

I used it to weld frames on trucks.
Also welded a 1/4" steel plate to the inside about 1/2" smaller than inside channel.
While the weld cooled I'd take a air hammer and work over the area of the welds to keep it from being brittle.
One old timer told me it helped move the molecules back in place because the heat chases them away. Don't know if he was right but never had a frame break after. The trucks were used out on the farm hauling hay across terraces which caused a lot of twisting.

Flux-core with shielding gas would be good for welding heavy steel.
Gasless flux core wire IS NOT TO BE USED WITH GAS!
Lincoln specifically stated that their innershield NR-211 was designed to not be used with shielding gas.
As for the manufactures of other flux core wires . . . . how different are they than Lincoln innershield?
I too tried it once and the weld bead was beautiful. Then I found the statement from Lincoln. I never did it again.
Jus' say'n!

Jim

Back