gas mix

I know the guy you're referring to on CL, but I didn't buy from him. I thought his prices were right about where Matheson is. I did buy them off of CL though but from a guy needing to make some money. Those deals don't come along everyday.

Also, we don't use pulse mig in the shop. We use metalcore wire with 90/10. Come to think of it I believe we also use it for dual shield as well.

Jim

I likes some "I need the money" deals on CL!

No pulse MIG here either (maybe some day I will have a pulse machine and a big boy shop like Firestopper.......you can put me in your will! Firestopper). I run 90/10 and Fabcor 86r metal core wire and love it........like butter and little spatter.

The manual has troubleshooting starting at page 26.
It is usually the fuse on the front.

Well the fuse is good. Is it ok to leave the positive lead on the front unplugged while testing the wire feeder so the gun won't be hot?
Here it is. It is a 1984 model

20180108_152536.jpg20180108_204122.jpg

Last edited:
how do I identify old wire? It is Gulf Wire corp. #5366 It was in a spoolmatic 1 old spool gun. I thought it was aluminum but it is as stiff as the steel wire. Could it be SS?

I found it. the # is 5356 witch is aluminum.

Last edited:
I'm still trying to figure out why residential properties are not piped for argon just like they are for natural gas???? I guess eventually argon will come over Ethernet Cat 8 cable.
Robert

Yes, the gun has to be inserted to check the wire feed motor is working. Make sure the gun trigger plug is inserted all the way.
If the fuse is good, and the last person that used it, had used a gun, then it may be the Line disconnect switch is off.
If that is not it it might be the gun switch itself.

Ok I believe that the welder was used with a spoolmatic 1 as the is the only thing that was with it. I found a GA20C gun in another location.
Where is the line disconnect switch?
I was asking if I can leave the HI LOW voltage cable unplugged and the wire feeder work? I am not trying to load wire at this time as the gun is clogged or the liner is kinked. I can only push wire half way through, from either end. So it will need a new liner.

Disregard my last post. I rotated the speed control knob and the wire feeder is alive. Now I need to get a liner for the gun and see if it will weld.

Great. It won't be long now and you'll be welding up a storm with it.

Back