Getting close

VAT here is 12.5% of the sum Item Cost + Insurance + Freight. The mill and accessories are considered Industrial Machinery and therefore attracted no duty (thank God). Added to that I have to pay the Customs Broker US$150 for his services and transportation from the Customs bonded warehouse to the wokshop, maybe another US$100. So, looks like around US$2K total from the Miami forwarder to my shop.
I have access to the forklift and an operator from the chemical and plastics factory across the street (I used to manage the place), so no charge for that.

wow. happy for you that it's almost in your shop. sad for all the crap you have to pay for.

Well, the Gov't here is of the view that the way out of a recession is to tax the citizenry to the hilt. Oh, there's also an "on-line purchase Tax", if an item was bought on-line,there's another 6% on top of it all. I did not have to pay that since it's "Industrial Machinery" :) :)

they are using Estes Express express to ship. anyone had experience with Estes?

btw just got on the PM website to download some manuals and this mill has gone up 600 dollars and the cast iron stand up 50.00 since I ordered. yikes. 20% bump.

they are using Estes Express express to ship. anyone had experience with Estes?

btw just got on the PM website to download some manuals and this mill has gone up 600 dollars and the cast iron stand up 50.00 since I ordered. yikes. 20% bump.
I have gotten a few deliveries from Estes in the last year and the drivers have been great. The only issue I have with them is that the office in my area doesn't seem to like to make delivery appointments they just show up.

that would be unfortunate. thanks for your input. I'm most concerned with careless handling.

Just heard from my Customs Broker and Transport guy, It will be delivered to the house on Monday morning .... Yee Hah!!! :)

Have a bunch of high $$$ work booked for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday… arrrgh, life can be so unfair!! …but I’ll work with it! :laughing:
Think I'll hire a guy to help with that workload peak! :)

still sitting in Estes "Express" warehouse in orlando for the last 6 days. no calls. when I call them I get no answer on when I will receive it. they suck.

Back