Getting my vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peyton Price 17

Registered
Registered
So I just got the Pfizer vaccine last night. I’m 13 so it’s the only one I could get. Now my arm is pretty sore from it. No side effects 12 hours later. I’m right handed and got it in my right arm, so now I can’t run my lathe. But feeling good and better than what everyone said about it.

Congratulations, brave young man.
I got the Pfizer vaccine as well. Had a sore arm for a couple of days after but it wasn't too bad. I also had some cold sweats the day after the second shot and the arm wasn't as sore. I had Covid early last year and can certainly say, the shot was nothing compared to the virus.

My 82-year old mom got 2 Pfizer shots and had no reactions. I had 2 Moderna's. Absolutely no reaction other than a tender to a hard press on my deltoid with the first one. Second one gave me a 100.6 fever, caused me to go from 1 1/2 total sick days after 39-years of working to 2 1/2. In my youth, I'd have popped a couple of Motrin and headed in, but I'm on the rapid downslide toward retirement and wasn't "feeling it". My sore deltoid took about 3 days to recover completely. Good luck to a quick recovery!

Bruce

Anecdotally, just about everyone I know has had the immune response expected after getting the vaccine. In the case of the J&J, it has been about 50/50 on whether the immune response was noticed. For both Pfizer and Moderna, it has been sore arm on the first shot, and flu like symptoms after the second. Fever, muscle aches, headache, fatigue. I received the Moderna, and was feeling it after the second shot, but managed to drag my butt through the day at work.

Kudos to getting vaccinated, I had both Moderna vaccine shots about 3 & 4 months ago, symptoms similar to what others have indicated. More of a sore arm with the first dose, chills and dog tired the day after receiving the second dose. I always request to be vaccinated in my non-dominant arm. I have had other vaccinations that have made me a lot sicker, I do not follow why people feel they should get vaccinated and be symptom free. Sure beats getting Covid and rolling the dice on how you will get through it, and infecting countless other that you come in contact with. The younger individuals seem to do a bit better from a symptoms point of view, but have I know of a number of 30 and 40 Y/O that were knocked out for weeks/months. Get beyond that age group and may be permanently knocked out R.I.P.

It is advised not to take NSAIDs (Motrin, etc.) or aspirin for the fever, chills or aches because it may blunt some of the immune response; Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is OK.

For both Pfizer and Moderna, it has been sore arm on the first shot, and flu like symptoms after the second.
This is what I experienced . Was out a day from work .

This is the handout I was given.
Note the awesome graphics, particularly the last side effect
ce5810ab291f4c39f9f9db0ce19d396d.jpg

I got first dose of the Pfizer on Monday. Standard reaction much like a flu shot, but I was surprised that for about an hour right after getting the shot I almost felt a little bit of a buzz going on. Never had that before (other than from the more predictable substances). Kinda strange.

I got first dose of the Pfizer on Monday. Standard reaction much like a flu shot, but I was surprised that for about an hour right after getting the shot I almost felt a little bit of a buzz going on. Never had that before (other than from the more predictable substances). Kinda strange.
That was a euphoria high from finally seeing a light at the end of this seemingly interminable tunnel :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back