Getting my vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are accelerating the second doses now as the India version has arrived! Need the second dose to gain better protection for that version.

New strains are always assured to come from the same vector. They come from countries where nutrition is more challenged, and there are a surplus of people who represent greats hosts, with weakened immunity. With a weaker host, a strain which would normally not be viable, will have a chance to live, and adapt better to the human genome. It is almost always the same kinds of hotspots that we see new strains arise from.

There is no actual fix for this mechanism.

Every day we are bombarded with commercials from lawyers which say "did you take medicine X? If you did, you may be owed compensation". The only real way to determine if a medicine is SAFE and effective, is time. Often medicines will pass the FDA tests, only to learn they cause cancer and other very undesirable conditions long-term. Don't get me wrong, I have a high respect for people who create new medicines, but, they don't have a crystal ball. Often bad outcomes are not learned until YEARS after a medicine has been accepted and approved.
Keep in mind that if you were to get a form of cancer from this or from any other of the 3500 some odd chemicals we come into contact each year This pharmaceutical tech is probably going to be used for treating said cancer. Its risky and I at least applaud you for doing the dead virus vaccine route.

And truth be told there have been some very detrimental outcomes to new medications.

Also keep in mind: A vaccine isn't a "medicine" per se, it doesn't work the same way and it is only given as dose or two, not taken regularly for years, like most other pharmaceutical treatments. Thus the longterm risks are extremely low. Of course there is always. a risk but mainly due to allergic reactions. Have you ever heard any of those lawyer ads for a vaccine lawsuit?

Also keep in mind: A vaccine isn't a "medicine" per se, it doesn't work the same way and it is only given as dose or two, not taken regularly for years, like most other pharmaceutical treatments. Thus the longterm risks are extremely low. Of course there is always. a risk but mainly due to allergic reactions. Have you ever heard any of those lawyer ads for a vaccine lawsuit?
No, because our laws prevent it. There have been several attempts from the experimental stuff the Army gave the soldiers in Desert Storm, but all were shot down by the courts.

(1)
No vaccine manufacturer shall be liable in a civil action for damages arising from a vaccine-related injury or death associated with the administration of a vaccine after October 1, 1988, if the injury or death resulted from side effects that were unavoidable even though the vaccine was properly prepared and was accompanied by proper directions and warnings.

No, because our laws prevent it. There have been several attempts from the experimental stuff the Army gave the soldiers in Desert Storm, but all were shot down by the courts.

My point was about vaccines administered to the public at large, Overwhelming medical evidence shows that negative side effects are rare and minor.
As far as the military, Yes there were some terrible abuses for sure (My father in law was given LSD in the Edgewood Arsenal drug experiments). But the drugs given the soldiers in Desert Storm were anti chemical and bio weapon, hard to equate with anti infectious disease vaccines.

Negative side effects may be rare and minor from vaccines in general, but the VAERS database currently shows 4,763 death reports for COVID-19 vaccines.

I might not say out loud that giving this to the general population is borderline insane, but I might think it.

Just to be clear you should report the complete statement from VAERS and not state misleading information:
"Over 285 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through May 24, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 4,863 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. However, recent reports indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths. Get the latest safety information on the J&J/Janssen vaccine. CDC and FDA will continue to investigate reports of adverse events, including deaths, reported to VAERS."

I have run over 200+ clinical trials in a multitude pf medical indications and these vaccines are by far the safest and most efficacious therapeutic agents I have seen. Recent data reported today from Moderna showed 100% efficacy in an adolescent trial of around 2500 individuals with minmal side effects. Given that there has been 600,000 COVID related deaths in the US so far with an estimated 114.6 million total infections, 97.1 million symptomatic cases and 5.6 million hospitalizations, the odds are not favorable for not getting vaccinated in particular with the newer more virulent COVID stains.

Also worth reviewing is J&J vaccine safety information, which appears to have a higher frequency of serious side effects, albeit a low incidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back