Good Companies Selling Laser-Cut Parts Online?

Don't mind me, just tagging along...

I want to send the CAD drawings I recently purchased from Jeremy Schmidt to get the parts cut for the 2"x72" belt grinder build...

So looking for the same services...

I have found only local suppliers for water jet. I'd not use laser jet since I dont want to have edge hardening on something I need to machine further. I get etching press side plates cut every so often, and welding table tops. I can confirm you need to send bare dxf for each part and the cutter's use their own nesting software to optimize the layout

Jeremy sells a lot of plans apparently because I bought them too.

Like David says, you can barely buy the material for the price some local places will cut parts for you for... mainly because they are also materials supplier. At least here in Canada. The prices and availability of water jet at least has come down big time in the past 10 years IMO

+1 on looking for a local company to do the cutting. I had the top of my welding table waterjet cut because I wanted the corners to be very accurate 90 degrees. 1/2" plate cut was $200. I could barely buy the material for that price.
I wanted a perfect hold layout for mine, so water jet for the same reason.

In Toronto I used Mr Metal, metal wholesaler that offers host of shearing, press brake, and punching services and my fav water jet cutting.

Thank you all... I was getting confused... Nested file (file with multiple parts)... I obviously was not understanding was nested file was... now it is clear.

Got a reply from SendCutSend with what you mentioned.

Jason Brinkerhoff (SendCutSend)
Oct 20, 2022, 11:28 AM PDT
Hi Jaime!

Thank you for sending in these quote requests!

It looks like one of the parts in these files will be too small for us to produce. The minimum part size for .375" steel is 1"x1". You can find details like minimum part and feature sizes on our Material Info Pages.

unnamed.png

The largest nested file (file with multiple parts) is 44x30 inches. If you'd like to keep these parts in a nested file, can you rearrange the parts so they will take up a space less than 44x30?

It looks like there are a number of parts that are the same or similar. I recommend saving and uploading these parts separately so you can take advantage of our quantity savings, starting at 20% off for 2 of the same part.

Please le us know if you have any questions!

Thank you,
JB

@Chips O'Toole - apologies for hi-jacking the thread...

I just wanted to tag alone for finding about providers and got carried away posting my experience with SendCutSend...

So back to you. I will create another thread for what I am doing.

@Chips O'Toole - apologies for hi-jacking the thread...

I just wanted to tag alone for finding about providers and got carried away posting my experience with SendCutSend...

So back to you. I will create another thread for what I am doing.
Try these people in Apopka if that is not too far for you. My uncle used to live in Apopka, This company looks like the right size to serve hobbyists

Luckily I can use the lasers and water jet at work once in awhile hehe, but for people that don’t have that luxury, google these.
HUBS
Protolabs
Xometry
Big Blue Saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a waterjet and can use more work.

I will warn you now - our min charge is $200. most small jobs fall in this category.

We have a waterjet and can use more work.

I will warn you now - our min charge is $200. most small jobs fall in this category.
Just double your order on small jobs... you will always want more parts ;)

Can you do 3d waterjet?

I can’t recommend sendcutsend enough. Their parts have been excellent and the service and cost are outstanding. After i submitted my first order and paid for it, i had one of their reps CALL me and point me in a direction that saved me money. I had them keep the difference on my account and used it on my next order. I’ve had them make handles for some custom tools i build. I’ve also had them make a backing plate for a wheel polishing stand using a lathe chuck. The cuts and holes were dead on my drawings. I can upload my stuff on the weekend and am usually holding it in my hands before the next weekend. I can’t say enough good things about them.

Btw, their minimum charge is only around 30 bucks and that includes the shipping.

Just double your order on small jobs... you will always want more parts ;)

Can you do 3d waterjet?

No, it has tilt, but only to make the cut part truly vertical.

Other here should know water jet is more expensive to run than first a plasma cutter or second a laser. if these machines meet your needs, use them. If you have more difficult materials or need more accuracy, then a water jet is the answer.

Back