Goofs & Blunders You Should Avoid.

Hope you are ok.. BTW, don't do that.
It startled me and was by far the dumbest thing Ive done in a while but no injury thankfully.

I was standing between two tables (Never put yourself between the load and a hard point) when I say tables their 4"X4" box tubing frames 4'x5' square with 3/8" tops good for 6K lbs each. I wanted to lift the die section to work on it standing rather than kneeling or bending over and just dumb thumbed the remote and the die came at me while confined in a 2' gap between the tables.

My coworker shouted out "The **** you doin, limbo? as I was backing it off of me. It was 3' off the table and that was fortunate as if it were lower I would have been pinched.

In my defense Immigrant song was on the radio and its always made me a little spazzy ever since getting the 45 as a 5yr old kid, so.....

AAAAAaaaahhhhhhAAAAAAhhhhhhhAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

So now you'd better stop
And rebuild all your ruins
For peace and trust will win the day
Despite all your losing.

Today I was an idiot... In the middle of looong powerfeed cut, I got distracted looking at the plans and got snapped out of my distraction when the endmill started hogging into my Kurt DX6 vise. Fortunately it was over the mounting bolt cutout, so I didn't get the bed at all, but the moving jaw got beat up pretty good.

Its only $140 for the replacement, so I've ordered it... but it definitely looks ugly!

PXL_20230916_175507523.jpg

Today I was an idiot... In the middle of looong powerfeed cut, I got distracted looking at the plans and got snapped out of my distraction when the endmill started hogging into my Kurt DX6 vise. Fortunately it was over the mounting bolt cutout, so I didn't get the bed at all, but the moving jaw got beat up pretty good.

Its only $140 for the replacement, so I've ordered it... but it definitely looks ugly!

View attachment 459978
Meh, just a “love bite”…

Back