got a call today from the ATF

upTheHill

Active User
Registered
normally, this would put me into a cold sweat. but it was a pleasant sounding woman who identified herself as agent so-n-so. wanting to setup an interview for my gunsmith FFL application.

she's coming over tomorrow late afternoon, so it's a lot of sweeping and vacumning for me til then to make the place look like the business I want it to be.

Let us know how it goes. I've heard guys tell that the interview can go a couple of different ways depending on the agent. Some just want to make sure you have a real address and others want every detail of what your business will be, days and hours of operation, where's your display case for handguns, security plans, et cetera.

it sounds like the same person who did the interview for a freind a couple of towns over. he said she was nice, but did have questions on security, etc. I believe I have all the answers for her either in place already, or waiting on her visit and the license before spending the money (like liability insurance, and camera survelance)

Among other things, they're going to want to know if your place of business has proper security, if you have the proper methods of keeping records, a general idea of your clientele and if/how you will advertise. They're also going to be "reading you" to find-out if you're a closet luney...

pace pave pace
gnaw on fingernails
pace pace pace

oh just shoot me and get it over with. :whiteflag:
she's just called and running late

i forgot what stress was like.
and thats from someone who's used to being alone in an ambulance with someone circling the drain. different kind of suspence i guess.

In the ambulance, you're in charge and in control -and if you have confidence in yourself, that's a very good place to be. When you're waiting for someone else's approval, your destiny is not so well defined. -Different kind of stress altogether.

pace pave pace
gnaw on fingernails
pace pace pace

oh just shoot me and get it over with. :whiteflag:
she's just called and running late

i forgot what stress was like.
and thats from someone who's used to being alone in an ambulance with someone circling the drain. different kind of suspence i guess.

Back