got a call today from the ATF

well, she called at 6:15 to postoone.
she was just running too late, and sounded a bit stressed, and the LAST thing I want, is a stressed out ATF agent in my place.

probably be thursday now.

So in the mean time, did you ever get that mill table backlash worked-out? I lost track of that thread.

well, she called at 6:15 to postoone.
she was just running too late, and sounded a bit stressed, and the LAST thing I want, is a stressed out ATF agent in my place.

probably be thursday now.

So in the mean time, did you ever get that mill table backlash worked-out? I lost track of that thread.

got it almost completely gone.
plus i jyst got a dro from cdco delivered today, so I'll be happily humming to myself tommorrow while I install it, then it's onto making a jig for my wife to make some sort of metal / polymer clay jewelery piece she's working on.

So what was the problem in the table? Did I guess right or way off base?

Yeah, DRO on a mill... -Darn near essential if you ask me.

got it almost completely gone.
plus i jyst got a dro from cdco delivered today, so I'll be happily humming to myself tommorrow while I install it, then it's onto making a jig for my wife to make some sort of metal / polymer clay jewelery piece she's working on.

a big chunk of the problem was all the red paint splash over on the ways, along with some other gunk.
i disassembled the whole thing and cleaned and oiled it. now it's as close to perfect as can be.

So what was the problem in the table? Did I guess right or way off base?

Yeah, DRO on a mill... -Darn near essential if you ask me.

Last edited:
I remember my first and only interview with a government black suit. I was in the Navy, awaiting the start of my training for a job which required a top secret clearance. Nobody called to announce they were coming. Nobody even told me that an interview was required. I was sitting in the smoke pit outside my barracks, talking to friends, when 2 black suits walked up, flashed their badges, called me by name, and asked me to follow them. Talk about sweating bullets. I had no idea who these guys were, or how they knew who I was. They led me across the base to a building, making small talk, and left me in a room that felt only slightly more inviting than an interrogation room. Then the nicest lady came in and asked me all kinds of questions that I wasn't expecting. Apparently they had already talked to my neighbors back home, my parents, extended family, highschool friends, and probably even more people that I still don't know about. Interview went fine. It's a little unnerving talking to someone who knows everything you ever did, including detentions you served in high school, yet you don't know a damn thing about them. But she had a soft, disarming voice, so I didn't **** my pants. I guess it all went well, as I got my TS clearance and went to work on a submarine less than a year later.

Last edited by a moderator:
[h=5]well that totally destroyed my stereo type image of the ATF. :thinking:
she didn't come in a black suburban, no dark sunglasses or anything, dressed in blue jeans and LL Bean boots

background check is done, interview and site inspection was favorable, I should have the license in a couple of weeks. :))

[/h]

other than the disappointing show-up, sounds like it was all good.

congratulations!

I just got approval from the city to manufacture weapons in my shop now on to the ATF. I am looking to get an 07 with an sot. Paper to be filed next week.

I am just down the road from Predator Customs, maybe I should go have a chat with them. Years ago, I had a FFL and have thought about doing it again.. not sure though..

Back