Got a death trap ATC200E

Braeden P

Registered
Registered
Got a 1983 Honda atc200e for $180 from my friend, supposedly needed a new coil but I cleaned the points and got a spark, ran first pull but the whole choke assembly was missing and the carb is very corroded

Cons:
Rear left tire has a leaky stem
Carb is toast
Air filter is gone
Headlight doesn’t get power but the stator works
Needs battery
Choke cable housing is snapped
Missing read brake lever
Rear brakes don’t work/ need pads
Shock is toast
Shifter striped the spline and needs replaced or welded
Need a new seat cover

Pros:
Plastics are in great shape
Almost me rust or damage
New front tire
Back tires are halfway good
Throttle cable is very smooth
Started first pull and under a second in electric start (not anymore)

Now time for pictures

Attachments

• ACC4D672-0A67-4D76-8833-2FDC368F8CAA.jpeg
    ACC4D672-0A67-4D76-8833-2FDC368F8CAA.jpeg
    338.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 882DC157-E731-4494-9F66-87AB7DAA4C11.jpeg
    882DC157-E731-4494-9F66-87AB7DAA4C11.jpeg
    344.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5318.MOV
    23.3 MB
Just sitting on it and rocking side to side it wants to roll, my friend had a 1985 Honda 4 wheeler and you could not roll it, my uncle has one so hopefully he can teach me how to drive it and not roll

Nice bike, have Fun.
I went over the handle bars on my brothers 250R ATC Still remember laying there trying to breathe
1D0F06AA-5634-47B2-919C-30E224AAD427.jpeg
My only advice is. When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
Cheers
Martin

Three wheelers are tough to ride. There’s a reason they went away. The way I was told was you have to lean out of a turn not into it. One of the irrigation guys who rode one was disabled after he got a spiral fracture in his leg. Best way not to roll it is to sell it and get a quad. :)

Three wheelers are tough to ride. There’s a reason they went away. The way I was told was you have to lean out of a turn not into it. One of the irrigation guys who rode one was disabled after he got a spiral fracture in his leg. Best way not to roll it is to sell it and get a quad. :)
I don't like being a downer but I agree. A lot of people want those and they aren't making any more. Every year there less available and more people who might want them. You got that for a steal. I would clean it up and sell it, buy a quad. That thing, cleaned up, should fetch enough to buy you a much nicer machine (with 4 wheels).

This one just sold for over 10k (it was mint though)

I had a pair of ATC200S. I bought them brand new for $1056 each. They were my first big purchase ever. (my cars never cost more than $1000)

Are they dangerous, yes! Are they fun to ride? YES!
They are actually a little more maneuverable than a quad. They will go some places that a quad won't.
They suck in loose sand and snow deeper than about 4 inches because the front tire has too much weight. If spread over two wheels it's better.
They're easy to pop a wheelie and if you learn how you can pop one and land on your back, completely unharmed.
Don't turn the wheel if you're moving backwards and expect to stay on. You won't.
Don't brake hard and turn the front wheel. You will become a jumbled up mess with the 255# trike.
If you feel like you're going to flip when turning, resist the urge to put your foot down. It hurts when you run over your leg.

I flipped my ATC no less than 50 times and I don't have any permanent injuries. Most of the time when I flipped it it was, sort of, on purpose.
I did get a knee injury one one. I don't think it was because it was a 3 wheeler. I think jumping it just aggravated an older injury. My knee is still messed up.

All in all, they were tons of fun. When they stopped making 3 wheelers it kind of bummed me out.

And the reason they stopped making them, I was told back in the day, was the government outlawed them because they were considered dangerous. I don't know how the Can-Am trikes got past that, though. Maybe they have a differential whereas the ATC had a fixed axle.

Please be careful, and sensible, I have picked up 2 people with permanent disabilities due to neck fractures. Have fun, but don't go faster than your angels can fly. :)

Back