Got an 11" Logan lathe

WestCoastEngineer

Registered
Registered
Finally, picked up a Logan 11" lathe about a month ago. Found it on offerup.com. I really wasn't planning on buying it because it is a turret lathe and I want a lathe with a tail stock. But the gentleman selling it made me an offer I couldn't refuse. My intentions are to fully strip it down and re-paint it and replace any worn parts. I will post more pictures as the project progresses.IMG_3539 use.jpg

Nice, looks like a worthy project. With the compound and cross slide you can do almost everything you need while you look for a tailstock.

BTW, I spent many an enjoyable day racing karts out in Kerman back in the early 80's.

John

Okay, I am adding some more pictures showing my progress on the Logan lathe. I am very fortunate, my work has graciously allowed me to powder coat some of the pieces of my lathe. So far, I have gotten the chip tray, legs, bed posts, gear cover, and drive belt cover powder coated. I also took the bed and had it hot tanked in caustic lye to get is super-clean for painting. I then parkerized the bed so that the paint will adhere to it better. With a little luck I'll get the bed / tray / legs re-assembled this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_3569.JPG
    IMG_3569.JPG
    293.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3587.JPG
    IMG_3587.JPG
    617.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3589.JPG
    IMG_3589.JPG
    305.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3590.JPG
    IMG_3590.JPG
    293 KB · Views: 44

This guy might part with tail stock

Fare market price for the turret about 450.00 too 650.00 maybe 700.00 if you have right buyer i don't if it would fit my lathe 10x20 model 1957 same year i was born.
Means me and my lathe are OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOld

On the plus side, everything bed and below is the same as a Logan 10", Meaning sadly the tailstock isn't. But in following Logan stuff for the past several years, they aren't hard to find. They are great lathes. Scott Logan moderates a Groups.io board and is generally willing to answer any questions. There are still a large number of parts available from Logan.

Ron

More progress to report... I got the bed painted and re-assembled to the chip tray and legs. This weekend, I'll start tearing down the head and getting it prepped for powder coating.

Attachments

• IMG_3615.JPG
    IMG_3615.JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3614.JPG
    IMG_3614.JPG
    288.2 KB · Views: 45
Back