Got an 11" Logan lathe

I got some more progress to report. I figured out the clutch in the apron and got that working. Painted the handles for the apron and blued and installed them. Got the compound painted and re-assembled. And, got my only chuck torn down and I am going to clean and re-grease.
The Logan turrets are going up in price rapidly. I think I will modify one of mine to work as a tailstock. Most drilling tapping reaming work much better then a tailstock. Hands down. Take it from a machinist with more than 70 years cutting metal .

Can't tell if it's the same swing or not, but this Logan just popped up for sale by me and it has two tailstocks in the picture. In case you are still looking for one maybe the seller would part with one since he has two:

More progress to report... I got the bed painted and re-assembled to the chip tray and legs. This weekend, I'll start tearing down the head and getting it prepped for powder coating.
I see you use ospho to treat your rust as I do. A lot of people have no clue such a chemical exists. I usually buy phosphorus acid in the 5 gallon buckets just for this purpose

The Logan turrets are going up in price rapidly. I think I will modify one of mine to work as a tailstock. Most drilling tapping reaming work much better then a tailstock. Hands down. Take it from a machinist with more than 70 years cutting metal .

Jimsehr that is my plan. Now that I got a vertical mill, I feel like I can make the tooling to fit up to my turret so that it can act as a tailstock. I just got my AXA tool post this last Friday. I need to mill the T-Nut and then I can begin using my Logan for small turning projects and getting the turret into acceptable working order as a tailstock. I am looking forward to getting it done.

Can't tell if it's the same swing or not, but this Logan just popped up for sale by me and it has two tailstocks in the picture. In case you are still looking for one maybe the seller would part with one since he has two:

I appreciate the thought. Mine is an 11" swing and that one is a 10" swing. I think that the CL of the tailstock on the 11" Logan is about .563" taller than the 10"

Attachments

• IMG_0639.jpeg
    IMG_0639.jpeg
    617.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0647.jpeg
    IMG_0647.jpeg
    891.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0696.jpeg
    IMG_0696.jpeg
    613.9 KB · Views: 6
Back