Got my 2nd vaccine

I'm glad to hear that there are some places that take care of the Veterans.

I forgot, for a double dose of danger, my mom would set the oven timer for a mandatory nap. She would lay on the couch, and I used to sneak into the kitchen, and shorten the nap time to like 15 min. while she was down. As soon as it went off I came running shut it off, and said I'm going out....She never did say anything about that :)

Here in East Texas they have no idea when a shot will be available--what vaccine they have coming will be for the first people for their 2nd shot. We registered for getting the vaccine in two different places about 3-4 weeks ago--right now you can't even register for a waiting list.
It will all work out in time.

Update, injection site is good, no fever today, slept much better last night, and maybe just a hint of "I was sick yesterday" I'd give it a 97% feeling good today. My co-workers, and nurses I've talked to, and heard about say the second shot is the one to prepare for, for the potential of a reaction.

Haven't gotten the shot, but others I have heard have flu like symptoms the following day after they received the second shot. Many claiming that it is severe enough that they are calling in sick to work or wish they had.
Don't know which vaccine they are taking. Have heard there are several different Mfg's being distributed here in our state.
Just heard that my work will not be requiring the vaccination, good news for me.

I'm half nervous and half excited... I'm going for my first round of the Pfizer vaccine tomorrow morning. It is hard to imagine all the problems in manufacturing and distribution on the scale that has been achieved. the USA has been administering close to a million doses a day for close to a month now. It's easy to point fingers but my hat is off in appreciation to all the great people working so hard to protect us. Thank you! We will have to see if I wake up reprogrammed or something (I'm kidding about the reprogramming even tho it's kinda true)

Last edited:
Got both of mine already. MD healthcare worker. Neither was any problem beside the slight pain where the needed went like a flu shot.

My memory may be flawed, but I only remember standing in line for a vaccine when we got the sugar cube for polio. The rest have been regular checkup vaccinations.

The Salk vaccine required three injections for immunity, I was in grade school and the syringes looked as big as shotgun shells. I got my first one in the right arm and I'll get the second in the other so the microchips will be evenly distributed. :)

Back