Got my 2nd vaccine

Looks like mid march or later for us.
AstraZeneca might not be used for over 65's

Also got my first shot today with no issues, they have vaccination super centers in stadiums and do about 5000+ a day in San DIego. Unfortunately ours was in downtown about 60 miles away and the streets were a parking lot out to the freeway. Reports of sitting in the car for 2-3 hours, and then another hour to get through the whole process. Could have gotten my vaccine earlier but I no longer actively treat patients, and I felt people older than me and front line workers needed to be first. Unfortunately the planning and dissemination of information has been a disaster, when there have been months to prepare and organize. The positive side that I heard mentioned is that many of the big chain pharmacies should be getting allocations and this should greatly speed up the process. We are at a vulnerable point in that COVID is spreading at a very fast rate and the rapid emergence of new strains, many hospitals are at capacity and the vaccine distribution is just gearing up. It is a massive undertaking by the pharmaceutical companies and the front line medical personnel taking care of these people.

I know of numerous people that have succumbed to this disease or have significant post infection complications, hopefully people will come around to being more proactive in getting vaccinated as soon as it becomes available.

Well by the log jams, and people traveling to TRY, and get a vaccine it seems that a great number are trying. The keyboard commandos still saying it's not worse than a normal flu are still out there though. Kudos to you for helping others to get theirs while you waited.

My memory may be flawed, but I only remember standing in line for a vaccine when we got the sugar cube for polio. The rest have been regular checkup vaccinations.

Sugar cube for polio (the brother of one of my classmates had polio).
Air gun shot for TB in school.
I have the smallpox inoculation scar, but I don’t remember getting it or how it was delivered.
As an adult, I’ve had many vaccinations and as soon as we have the opportunity my immune compromised wife and I will get the COVID vaccine.
I spoke to a physician friend the other day and he is somewhat amazed at the number of nurses who have refused to get the C19 vaccine. He said the article he read indicated that 98% of doctors chose to receive it but only 60% of nurses. He was speaking from memory and I don’t know where the sampling was done.
My daughter is a physician and has had both of her COVID-19 vaccinations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The small pox scar was made from a topical cream/ointment that was put on the skin, and then they manually broke the skin with a sharp object to introduce it to the system. It was a good size needle if I remember correctly.

I'm curious: Once vaccinated, that person (probably) won't get sick, but can that now-immune person still carry and spread it? I'm thinking probably not, since the virus gets killed off by their immune system.

As an aside, I've always wanted to ask those who downplay it or deny it and won't wear a mask: "Okay, it won't affect you, but what about older people who get infected by you not wearing a mask?" Do it for them, not yourself, selfish people.

I have asked myself the same question, I would think that the virus population would have to be viable(living) for a short while as the antibodies detect, and start a defense. My assumption is it would be highly unlikely to transmit it being that the virus population would be small in your body, but not absolutely impossible. Just my thinking out loud. The other part of the discussion could get rowdy, so I'll just say I agree....

Sugar cube for polio (the brother of one of my classmates had polio).
Air gun shot for TB in school.
I remember getting several in school with the guns. When I went to basic training, we had to get them all over again. Standing in line, they had to refill the gun right ahead of me, the medic shot a couple of shots into the trash can (assume to get air out), and it tore the plastic liner to shreads. The he turns to me, and says not to tense up. Right!! put about 1/4" slot in my arm. Still have a slight scar.

I agree with Aukai, it does not block infection, but greatly reduces the viral load if you have immunity. So there may be a window where people are contagious to others, but it would be expected to be small and the viral load low. I have not seen any discussion on the subject, even from a medical perspective there seems to be little overall dissemination with regard to prevention and treatment. When working in the hospital I had to be routinely fitted for N95 masks and they would verify it was working with a smoke test using an irritant. The way most people wear masks and the questionable quality of the masks, it has been disappointing that people are poorly informed and seems like all the PPE's are coming from China.

I did some clinical studies on various pressure injectors that were suppose to be easier and more skin friendly, they often caused more bruising then standard needle injections. They seemed to have been the rage maybe 25-30 years ago, and then disappeared and replaced with auto injectors and injection pens.

Correct your diet(no sugar), take your vitamins and get proper sleep and don't sit too much, then you're off to a better start. Be wary of any side effects, call doctor immediately. Dr. Fruitcake's idea to wear 2 masks could cause viral overload in the masks and CO2 overload.

Back