Got My First Machine!

I think at this point I need to wait till I open up the motor and see if theres more wires in there and if not I'll have to go with plan B. If it comes down to it would It be roto-phase to transformer to machine or transformer roto-phase machine?

Yea it's not too bad I'm still gonna try for the 230vac conversion if I can that seems like the cheapest and most reliable option but it's always good to have a back up right!?

Having a plan ''B'' is always a good thing.:)

''........ be roto-phase to transformer to machine'' Yes

@mksj I think we posted at the same time lol but I agree with you I don't see a vfd being any better than a rpc I've got veri-drive so I don't need to adjust the motors speed. To adress your 6th point if it comes down to it I'll probably just leave it 460 and just run a rpc to a transformer like you said ive already got a line on those 2 things so unless the re-wire will be cheaper/easier than I'll probably end up going down the rpc/transformer route

He said it was a 5kVa transformer is that good enough? He wanted 250 for the transformer alone there was another fellow selling a 10kVa for 400

I agree I plan on being super careful with this thing I know I got alot more mill than what I need but the price was right and that's all that matters to me lol and its jusy going to be hobby mill so it won't see lots of use mostly just weekend projects here and there

Little update! Got some more cleaning done on the machine! The table is no longer brown! :D varsol worked one hell of alot better than wd-40!IMG_20161030_162142.jpg IMG_20161030_162215.jpg

Back