Green Newb here. Why do I need a rotary table?

Ah,yes. Gears. I had forgotten about gears. I don't understand this,but click on the blue line of info for a different view. These are those pesky tapered gears.

Another example of your outstanding work. Thanks for posting that George.

I'm not sure exactly what style/type this particular RT is. It's pictured mounted on the mill in the other thread if anyone can tell by looking at it.

The RT pictured on the birmingham can be mounted either way.

Mr. Wilson, You are a fine craftsman!

drs
Another green newbe here. This week I got to use my Yuasa 10" rt for the first time. I needed a 2.1" hole in a large irregular shaped 1" plate. It worked out great. Indicatiing and workholding can be a bit trying the first time, but it just takes a little patience.

mill yuasa 006.jpg

That's kinda the dividend(s) I was alluding to Ron. I do a lot of broken lip repair on LH cases. The one that receives th 0-ring between the motor and inner primary. I've always had to have Tom do them at his shop because my lathe won't swing the case. I can now do these on the spot "in house". No waiting and at the same time not feeling like I'm a burden on a good friend who's working 50-65 hours a week already.

I'm not sure exactly what style/type this particular RT is. It's pictured mounted on the mill in the other thread if anyone can tell by looking at it.

I had to have that done for the same Shovel build I mentioned earlier (it's been an expensive build). At the time I had no mill and my lathe only has an 11" swing so I farmed it out to a guy I trusted down in Florida (did a nice job btw). I'm not sure if that RT you're looking at will be big enough for that job on it's own but you can most assuredly make a plate/fixture to hold the case half and mount it to the RT. The bigger the RT the better! At least until you have to pick them up. ;) My little 9" Troyke RT weighs about 75 lbs they go up from there real quick.

As already mentioned, the one in the pics is a horizontal/vertical model and will hopefully come with a tailstock.

-Ron

Back