Grizzly G0758 mill

I don’t have the kit, but I bought two of his drives if that says anything.

Good stuff!
yes i was looking at my mill the other day and a typical belt drive conversion will be relatively easy, i'm mulling the idea of replacing the plastic gears with metal and keeping the h/l gear design (i just like the idea of the convenience of flipping a lever to change ranges vs belts. i'm still working on the dro install for now and looking into that later.

I went out and bought a set of metric and imp r8 collets for tool holding to ease up the z constraints and like i said before am looking at reversing the z-axis slide. the chuck eats up almost all of my z height. i have a cheap Vevor 3" milling vise on order as well as a hold down set for the small t-slots and i'm thinking of using my AR8 to machine a mini pallet from 1/2 inch aluminum. any thoughts?
I like the fact that the spindle is R8 so tooling holding will most likely be shared with my future large machines.
I do know if it would help; but Hemingway has a kit for a Gack Free Vice that connects to your table using the t-slots and clamps work down using your table as the base. it would free up a few inches of the Z axis....

I do know if it would help; but Hemingway has a kit for a Gack Free Vice that connects to your table using the t-slots and clamps work down using your table as the base. it would free up a few inches of the Z axis....
interesting but after reversing my z slide i have a lot more room

Back