Group Project: Small sliding bar clamp

Yuck ! Fixed that on the lathr at work... I was really happy to be able to buy the parts!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I can do the fixed jaw, just need detail on how all of this will work.
EDIT: I wont be able to case harden them though.

Last edited:
The moving jaw was not hardened. I don't think they need to be for the basic sort of thing one would use this sort of thing for.

@Mheaton92 , the plans are on post #14.

I would use cold rolled stock for the fixed jaw, but nothing on this really needs hardening.

I think we are making 12 clamps in total, but I'm not hone where I could count what I have on hand. I'm collecting parts. Once I have all of them I'll stake the pads, pack, and price shipping to everyone.

I think we are making 12 clamps in total, but I'm not hone where I could count what I have on hand. I'm collecting parts. Once I have all of them I'll stake the pads, pack, and price shipping to everyone.

So I would have to make 12 pieces, pay to ship them to you, then pay to have them shipped back? I’m ok with that as long as it’s not to much.

How many people are making parts? Is it more then one clamp per person?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its 12 total, 2 per person. Yeah, for a tiny project the shipping is a drawback :-(

Its 12 total, 2 per person. Yeah, for a tiny project the shipping is a drawback :-(

Ok, my home shop has a job right now, and I leave for vacation on the 18th. The day I get back, I will start them and send them out. I am guessing I will have them out by the 27th.

My lathe has a broken gear so who knows how long until it’s fixed some the whole gearbox needs a rebuild we are still planing on making the studs and pads.

Back