Harbor Freight air compressor repair

Sometimes you have to read between the lines of many replies. Many on this site seem to be flush with funds so can just buy new and best when something like this happens. If you can and have the tools, try the repair you don't have anything to lose if it runs after you're ahead of the game and saved alot of money. Theres nothing wrong with buying what you can afford to purchase. Alot of home shop people have a family and get by with what they have available to them.

Some of the people know I am cheap. There is nothing wrong with that. We all try to make as much as we can with what we have. Janderso knows me well. And knows I can make a dollar go very far.. No intent was made to put down any one. All of us here try to make a dollar go as far as possible. We are here to help every one . We are all stronger ttogether . I will try to repair. Had hoped for another source of parts. It's a challenge now. Thanks for the help. Have a new pressing repair and will post soon. Thanks for all the input

Some of the people know I am cheap. There is nothing wrong with that. We all try to make as much as we can with what we have. Janderso knows me well. And knows I can make a dollar go very far.. No intent was made to put down any one. All of us here try to make a dollar go as far as possible. We are here to help every one . We are all stronger ttogether . I will try to repair. Had hoped for another source of parts. It's a challenge now. Thanks for the help. Have a new pressing repair and will post soon. Thanks for all the input
I'm the same way. Retirement does not pay well, I learned early on in life to fix (or try) what I had myself. I am familiar with both success and train wrecks.

I have to remind my sweet and lovely that I am not cheap, just frugal. Do the repair, nothing to lose, I sleeved a compressor from "Buffalo Bob" that I had had for 15 years. Got me by till I could do better.

We are all cheap...

Since it is broken the most one can loose is their time.

Welding will get too hot.

Brazing maybe.

The Crack is 2 irregular shapes that fit perfectly.

2 low tech options.

Solder and epoxy.

Both require cleaning very well.

Soldering will require less heat, good Flux needed, it will require good soldering skill to get it to flow properly, silver solder better.

For epoxy good stuff needed, we have some HVAC epoxy suitable for fixing the coils, proper cleaning then forcing through by finger scraping on one side until it flows out the opposite would allow a good strong bond due the Crack.

After it cures for a few days clean up any mating surfaces, fix the screw and put it together.

Watch craigslist for replacement.

We have old 2 cylinder single stage in the side yard but madera a bit of a trip.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Back