harbor freight band saw

I saw a thread somewhere where a guy added a padded seat on the saw, so you could comfortably sit on the saw when in vertical mode. The weight of the user makes it more stable in use.

Just make sure the stand doesn't collapse when you sit on it- Having one of those saws fall on you running or not would not be a pretty sight
Mark

Curious, if anyone has ever used narrower blades, like ¼", to do contour cutting with these machines?
No can do. The ball bearings that force a twist in the blade are thicker than 1/4 inch. All you would do is wipe the set off the teeth in the first 10 seconds.

Just don’t mess up the teeth set, H or V. Bimetal blades ++ you need to brake in the blade for a while though.

I saw a thread somewhere where a guy added a padded seat on the saw, so you could comfortably sit on the saw when in vertical mode. The weight of the user makes it more stable in use.
Try going to the Yahoo "4x6bandsaw" group, click on "Photos" and scroll down a ways. There are several photos from user neil85020. Coincidentally, they're just after the photos Rick Sparber posted of his "instant" vertical mode table.

Perhaps a wide butt single post bicycle seat (about $ 35 bucks from wally world special order) would work an with an adjustable sliding post the seat could be raised or lowered as desired.
Hmmmm my next project fro my 1982 H F saw project ???( had to repair motor once ... Not bad for 35 years service)

Last edited:
Back