Heavy 10 project

You have my utmost respect for the ethic displayed in the completion and also the discretion in quality of refurbish. Pete PS. I wish you were my neighbor.

can one say a " lathe ' is pretty?
she is a beauty, now lets get her dirty :))
steve

backgear,-thread-dial,-micr.jpg backgear,--004.jpg backgear,micrometer-stop-00.jpg micrometer-stop-006.jpg backgear,--005.jpg Well since I was picked for pom I better show you guys that I am working on the lathe when I can, a couple hours a day after work. I still do things one component or group of parts at a time due to lack of space, I work on a small tool cart. In the pics you can see some finished parts. I got the back gear with the new used handle installed, my handle was broken off when I got the lathe. One tooth on the back gear was a little mushed so I spent some time with a needle file and reshaped it, it works perfectly now. I cleaned up the micrometer stop and installed that too, It was very rusty when I got the lathe.
backgear,-thread-dial,-micr.jpgbackgear,--004.jpgbackgear,--005.jpgbackgear,micrometer-stop-00.jpgmicrometer-stop-006.jpg

Last edited:
backgear,-thread-dial,--003.jpg thread-dial,--007.jpg backgear,-008.jpg I also reworked the thread dial and installed it. And a pick of all the working parts all clustered together. I am currently working on all the gears that mount on the side of the head stock. I am finally feeling like I am in the home stretch. after the gears I have all the covers to do, the tail stock, the switch, the worklight, and then run a power line and purchase and hook up a vfd.
backgear,-thread-dial,--003.jpgthread-dial,--007.jpgbackgear,-008.jpg

Last edited:
That is a great looking lathe. I can't believe how clean it is. It is very similiar to the one I bought last month concerning the controls and such. Mine is a 1933, 11" swing, 4' bed as best I can figure. I had the three and four jaw chuck with mine, but was missing the collet bushing and spindle nut. I have a set of collets, but haven't figured out what size they are yet. It appears they are 3/4-20 thread and .750 in diameter. The chart I looked up was neither 5C or 3C.

DSCF0627.JPG

I don't know if anyone has noticed but the thread dial does not line up with the machined pad on the saddle. This is obviously not the correct thread dial for a heavy 10L lathe. I wonder what it is for? So at this point I am looking for a thread dial for a heavy 10L. Maybe if I can find out what it does fit I can sell the one I have and put it toward the purchase of a correct one, or maybe a trade?

Get yerself a tee-shirt! You could have the headstock on the back, ways on either sleeve, etc. etc.:winner:

Back