Heighth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heighth or height?

I cringe every time I here a machinist on youtube say heighth. I was just watching Robin Renzeti and he said heighth. I nearly fell out of my chair.

From the interwebs google verse:

The noun form of broad is breadth, the noun form of long is length, and the noun form of wide is width. Because of this, some people follow the pattern and sayheighth, with a th at the end of the word high. That is not standard English. The correct form is height.

Lets here what you all have to say about this.
(I know you meant to say "lets hear," but you might want to edit that too.)

Heighth or height?

I cringe every time I here a machinist on youtube say heighth. I was just watching Robin Renzeti and he said heighth. I nearly fell out of my chair.

From the interwebs google verse:

The noun form of broad is breadth, the noun form of long is length, and the noun form of wide is width. Because of this, some people follow the pattern and sayheighth, with a th at the end of the word high. That is not standard English. The correct form is height.

Lets here what you all have to say about this.

Very common in Vermont. I actually do this sometimes when speaking but never when I’m writing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heighth that's minor. My wife is always taking things out of the freezer to "unthaw"....now that makes me laugh.
My daughter says it to, and no matter how many times I laugh at them they can't help but add the "un" to the thaw.
Guess I'm just backwards I put things IN the freezer to "unthaw".

I think all of those guilty of this onerous crime, should be pilloried at the heighth of the noon day sun. :) Mike

It may be annoying but there are far greater affronts to the English language in modern communication.

I think all of those guilty of this onerous crime, should be pilloried at the heighth of the noon day sun. :) Mike

Lucky for me. The sun shows its face about 5 times a year in Vermont

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back