Help Me Get Shapering!

Finally remembered to check the belts, marking are still there, they are Goodyear brand, sizes are 4L-290 motor side and 4L-320 speed adjustment side

Thank you very much for checking! Now I've got to remember to check mine!

Thank you very much for checking! Now I've got to remember to check mine!
Weldo, Thank you so very much for posting the rebuild as well as this thread. I'm just getting started on my rebuild, but I have already referred to your photos many, many times. I really appreciate it.

No sweat, man! I'm happy to add to the pool of knowledge. The photos also helped me put it back together after the tear down!

Hey all! I was wondering if someone could post up a picture of the graduated dial on the table cross feed of their Atlas shaper. I have a feeling that mine is not correct. On my machine the feed dial is an extremely loose fit to the shaft, like the dial's ID is oversized by about 0.020"

Is this what it's supposed to look like?
PA091385.JPG

If you can give me a day or so I will get a picture. From memory I don't think the one you show is correct.

Here you go, don't mind that knurled knob, I added that. It appears to be the same as the one on the stock down slide.
IMG_1713 2.JPG

Hey, sorry for the late reply! Thanks for the picture. I'll look around ebay for one maybe.

I think I might have one, since I replaced the downslide with my bigger home made one. If you want I can check .

Hey man, sorry for the late reply, been busy this week!

Yea, that would be really cool if you had one! Let me know what you want for it, I've no problem sending you some money for it!

Back