Help Please, I need wedges for my new Jacob's 18N Super Chuck

I found this note re: JT4 Chuck removal.

• Note: To remove JT 4 and JT 5 Drill Chucks, combine JT 3 and JT 6 Wedge Sets.

Sometimes I can’t see the forest through the trees.
One problem with that, all the wedges in the master set are too narrow to fit around the arbor.
Oh wait, I don’t have a 6 set. A 3 is too narrow.

The pic is a 3.

Attachments

• IMG_0465.jpeg
    IMG_0465.jpeg
    495.7 KB · Views: 9
An alternative to these wedges is a clam shell bearing puller which is also great for its intended purpose . :grin:

I knew I had a puller I found a gear puller. Heck, it worked.
Dave, if you hadn't mentioned it I'd be making a set. This took about two minutes to remove the chuck and 30 m inutes to find a slide hammer set and this gear puller.
I didn't know I had a slide hammer :)

Attachments

• puller.jpg
    puller.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0466.jpeg
    IMG_0466.jpeg
    401.8 KB · Views: 11

Interesting...

Granger shows the 3JT wedges as discontinued. They are "currently unavailable" on Amazon. And McMaster only shows this thing from Taiwan that says it works for sizes 2, 3 and 6.

29225A38_63181819-0ec7-436b-aac1-ee02b5c1dbc3@3x_1696281602.png

Kinda pisses me off how every product photo of those things shows the number 6.

Amazon, McMaster and even Jabobs' own website... Always No. 6
You sure it's not a Number 9, number 9... The Beatles had a thing for "Number 9" ..

in all seriousness, they are all the same, just different sizes, it really doesn't make it worth it to photograph each different one, when the only thing changing is scale.

Back