Help Please, I need wedges for my new Jacob's 18N Super Chuck

This chuck is big!!
That‘s an MT4 tailstock quill. Looks like a runt. I made sure to lock it toward the end of the twist side of the tang.
That’s about clear as mud.

Attachments

• IMG_0467.jpeg
    IMG_0467.jpeg
    402.4 KB · Views: 24
The 18s are a big chuck , and handy to have ! :encourage:

what kind of lathe is that? I love the idea of having a place for bits on top of the tailstock. I keep a cobalt bit for most piloting.. Would love to have a spot on top for it and my centering bits. I keep 2 or 3 chucks with centering bits as it is. But I see the advantage of that tray.

Clausing Colchester 15" x 50" .

The 18s are a big chuck , and handy to have ! :encourage:
Anything over 1/2” is a very handy addition to the arsenal!
what kind of lathe is that? I love the idea of having a place for bits on top of the tailstock. I keep a cobalt bit for most piloting.. Would love to have a spot on top for it and my centering bits. I keep 2 or 3 chucks with centering bits as it is. But I see the advantage of that tray.
Clausing Colchester 15X50.
It's the same lathe Joe Pie has except he has the 13" version.
Great lathe!!

I have drilled and reamed a 1/4 inch hole in the back of all my Jacobs chucks. Fill it with heavy oil and use a close fitting rod to act as a piston. A sharp whack or two with a heavyish hammer will pop it right off!

Something I do on my work lathe is put magnets on the tailstock to keep most used tools handy. But it does catch steel dust and chips, so is sometimes a pain to clean.
015d39764a4788c175460624a05361eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew I had a puller I found a gear puller. Heck, it worked.
Dave, if you hadn't mentioned it I'd be making a set. This took about two minutes to remove the chuck and 30 m inutes to find a slide hammer set and this gear puller.
I didn't know I had a slide hammer :)
Cripes Jeff...

I know how you feel.
Sometimes the kids ask me about making or doing something. I usually stand there for a moment thinking about the project, and then the lightbulb goes on... "I think I have a tool for that, somewhere. Maybe. Let me look." They usually roll their eyes.

Cripes Jeff...

I know how you feel.
Sometimes the kids ask me about making or doing something. I usually stand there for a moment thinking about the project, and then the lightbulb goes on... "I think I have a tool for that, somewhere. Maybe. Let me look." They usually roll their eyes.
My wife has learned not to roll her eyes. She has a saying: "if you haven't used it in the last two years, get rid of it." I am the opposite. I can't tell you how many times I've pulled out something to make a needed part from, or a tool to make it, that I've had (or even been left with by my father or grandfather) forever. She used to scoff at that, but has stopped now.

Speaking of eye-rolls, my kids (twins) are 48 years younger than me, and when I forget something or fumble around, they roll their eyes. When they do that, I respond, "This is what you have to look forward to." That ends the eye-roll fast!

Back