help with power feed on RF30 table

Not to hijack the thread, but many people ask how to mount the DRO scales on their RF30. I did not want to limit the y axis travel, so the scale is on the front. Mounted the y scale by cutting up the supplied brackets. Gives adjustability, left and right, and in and out. The scale is mounted on a piece of aluminum. The slots in the scales gave adjustability up and down .The wiper, or sensor was mounted on the side of the mill on a machined bracket, because it is not straight up and down.mill1.jpgmill2.jpgmill3.jpgmill4.jpg

Last edited:
This is the thread for my DRO install. You can see how I managed the X-axis install.
I had a slight gap between the table and the column and the reader bracket forms a handy stop to protect the scale.

Thread stealing ? Your input, Morpar Geek has allowed an expansion of the DRO installation, some of which I hadn't seen and it has really inspired me to get the job done. Thank you; in going through all the blogs many questions have been answered. I would also like to thank each and every one of the contributors for their great input.
Have a good day
Ray.

Back