Help with using an abrasive saw on material

I think you have something wrong. I hated abrasive because of the noise and especially the toxic dust. If I let the saw do the work it was NOT strenuous.

A liitle extra information. The saw runs from 3800 to 4300 rpm.

I will double check the blade and make sure i have the right rated one. Maybe the blade is the wrong rpm rating for the saw

Waaaay to fast for carbide, right?

I will double check the blade and make sure i have the right rated one. Maybe the blade is the wrong rpm rating for the saw
I doubt it as that’s what came with the saw.

Wish i knew what i was doing wrong. I should have took a video of it. I tried using compressed air to cool down a little. Maybe the blade is clogged up but i dont have any cast iron to clean it up.

I’d try a new abrasive blade. Try just resting your hand on the handle when cutting, not pushing. Abrasive by its nature is the fastest saw so you don’t have to push hard, let it do the work.

See would i have to worry about work hardening? I can pick up a new blade this weekend. Is a thinner blade a little better?

I cant remember the thickness blade we used, they were supplied by work. Thinner cuts quicker but is more dangerous. You don’t want one of those blades to shatter. I was always worried about that, that’s why I didn’t push hard. I also didn’t keep even pressure, letting up like using the drill press.

Ok the blade i am using now is 7/64. I will pick another up and feed slower and pack at it. Any idea what blades i could use for aluminum on this saw?

Back