Helpless Female Needing Assistance With Bearings

Here’s a bushing driver set I’ve used for 25 plus years as a mechanic. The bigger units are more for cone and race bearings. Your gonna need like 1 1/2” and smaller bushing drivers.
5B6FEDD7-3F60-4CF9-B722-B23448201EFA.png
This set would work good for installing bearing but for the price I would just make whatever needed and do myself. 5C492F31-F228-4079-93B6-19F365DB3059.png

Hi Susan, Guys,

Thanks for that alternative link. It worked just fine.
The dental lathes that I've seen were nothing like that Baldor.

I agree that a simple two or three leg puller would be all that was needed to remove the bearings, and a bit of tube the right size to match the bearing inner race would be all that was needed to refit the new one.

I changed the bearings on my workhorse grinder recently, a pair of 6202ZZ, the housing just pulled off. The bearing did likewise with my hands and a piece of wood over the end of the shaft against my stomach. The new bearing was a little more reluctant to go on but a few taps with a hammer and length of aluminum tube sorted that.

Here’s a bushing driver set I’ve used for 25 plus years as a mechanic. The bigger units are more for cone and race bearings. Your gonna need like 1 1/2” and smaller bushing drivers.
View attachment 276449
This set would work good for installing bearing but for the price I would just make whatever needed and do myself. View attachment 276450
Thank you very much. At least I now have an idea what they look like now, lol

Back